The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
mommyof3-2008
Am I to strick?
March 18 at 10:06 AM

My younger kids are 7 and 6.  During spring break I let them stay up til around 930.  At 930 I would put a movie on in their room and they end up falling asleep.  I ddont see that being to early but idk.  I work and wake up a 445AM.  The kids dont wake up as their sister (older) watches them so they can sleep in til when they want...but it usualy only til around 730ish.

So I was talking with this lady who has kids who are 7 and 9.  She said she goes to bed around 1130 and she lets her kids stay up til 2-3AM even on weekends.  I dont think my kids would make it if they tried.  But is this normal?  She has done this for about two years now.

Replies

• lovinmyboys...
    March 18 at 10:10 AM
    *strict
    No, you are not.
  • coolmommy2x
    March 18 at 10:14 AM
    If 9:30 works for your kids then no.
  • Ktina11
    by Ktina11
    March 18 at 10:24 AM
    My boys are nearly 7, nearly 6 , and 4. They are in bed at 7:30-8:00 each night because they wake at 6:00-6:30 no matter when they go to bed. So IMO no, you are not too strict. I cannot imagine 2-3AM. But- I am not up then.

If kids sleep in, I don't see the issue. I just have kids with early internal clocks. Their dad is an early riser, however I am NOT.
  • LillyStarky
    March 18 at 10:33 AM
    No your not strict. My son is only 3 but he's in bed by 8 every night unless we are camping. Growing up my bedtime was latest 10 until my senior year of high school. Everyone has their own way of teaching their kids. If it works for you keep it up.
  • nerdymom28
    March 18 at 10:40 AM

Every kid is different. My oldest is 7 and she is a nightmare if she hasn't gotten enough sleep. She goes to bed at 7:30 on school nights and is asleep within moments of laying down.

• godsgirl26
    March 18 at 10:56 AM

Quoting lovinmyboys...: *strict No, you are not.

• Hottmomma607
    March 18 at 11:41 AM
    Nope! On the weekends my kids stay up late. School nights they go to bed at 11:30pm??
  • waytomanykids10
    March 18 at 5:08 PM

Your nicer then I am, my kids have a bedtime and they go to bed on time every night. There is no staying up later on the weekends in our house.

• NananRaysmom
    March 18 at 5:10 PM
    Mine are a little older..but they stay downstairs on the weekends and can stay up as late as they want. My oldest is usually still awake at like 3am...but when there is no school they have never had a bedtime..
    During the week they have a bedtime..
  • jcm28
    by jcm28
    March 18 at 5:11 PM
    You are not strict

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!