The CafeMom Newcomers Club

N_and_L_Baby
Jogging/Running Post Partum
March 3 at 10:20 PM

Hello all- I'm currently 15 weeks prego with my first. My husband and I were (before first trimester hit me) avid runners prior to this pregnancy, and one of my pick-me ups has been window shopping for one of those super high tech, expensive jogging strollers- you know, the feather-weight ones with the bicycle-like wheels. Am I just lying to myself? Fellow jogging moms, when were you first able to start jogging again and bring your baby with you? I'd like to do some expectation management of my body and also have a better understanding of what is safe, physically, for the baby. Thanks!

Replies

• RosePetalTears
    March 3 at 10:34 PM
    After my 6 week recovery period, i went back to running. It took a little while to get back where i wanted to be but i got there
  • NDADanceMom
    March 3 at 10:50 PM

Most joggers arent meant for babies under 6 months old.   I had one but they had to be able to sit up before they could use it.  You can start running at 6 weeks, before that you can walk and cary the baby in a moby.

• N_and_L_Baby
    March 3 at 11:50 PM
    Thanks, ladies!
  • foodie.at.heart
    March 4 at 7:43 AM

You make me feel like a bum!  LOL  good luck with all that.

• amonkeymom
    March 5 at 1:16 PM

Haha, that's what I was thinking too!

OP - You might check out what members on the Babies group are saying about different strollers.

Quoting foodie.at.heart:

You make me feel like a bum!  LOL  good luck with all that.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN