The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Einworb
Who Picks Up The Slack When You're DONE?
by Einworb
February 19 at 6:03 PM

We all know that the cooking, cleaning, and laundry doesn't do itself. So who picks up the slack when you're having a bad day and call it quits? Does the whole household come to an abrupt stop for a day or two until you're back on your feet? Does your DH/SO chip in? Do you have older kids that can takeover?

Replies

• KendallsMommee
    February 19 at 6:05 PM
    Dh would.

But I rarely have those kind of days.
  • Mrs.Kubalabuku
    February 19 at 6:06 PM

DH does, and my sons are both learning to do basic chores.

• eesmommy
    February 19 at 6:07 PM
    Lol .... yeah, it waits for me lol. Dh will do whatever I ask when I ask him to. When I was in the hospital he took over everything, but day to day, what doesn't get done just waits.
  • E.L.PAIGE
    February 19 at 6:11 PM
    My husband will help of i ask him to, but not just on his own lol. Kids don't help, my 11 year old gets grounded constantly for not doing his chores or taking 2 hours to wipe his bathroom down and still leaving half of it messy and fighting me the whole way thru it. Other son its too young to help (1)
  • Molimomma
    February 19 at 6:14 PM

Nobody. If I ever get hit by truck my household us colossally screwed. DH doesn't do squat unless asked...repeatedly...and even then other than dishes or taking out the trash...not gonna happen. He doesn't vaccume. We lived here 2.5 years and he's never once cleaned a bathroom or changed sheets. When he brought home the stomache virus I specifically planned a crock pot meal for 48 hrs later so when I got it they'd have dinner without me having to actually cook it.

• Senile-felines
    February 19 at 6:16 PM
    They'll all help. When I had my shoulder surgery in August, they would come to the recliner and ask what they could do...
  • Megs5384
    February 19 at 6:17 PM

My house goes to hell when I have those days! lol I was actually just thinking about this as I sit in bed in horrible pain for the 3rd day and the several meals worth of meat I bought on sale sits in my fridge waiting to be repackaged. The same meat that my DF promised that he would repackeage for me since I was hurting so bad. There is also laundry piling up, dishes piling up and my living room is in chaos! I'm hoping to be back to normal tomorrow because my house can't take much more!

• Supermom861605
    February 19 at 6:51 PM
    I can't have one of these days because I do everything my three year old is to Young to take over. If I had to have one of these day I would have to ask one my friends to watch my kids
  • elasmimi
    February 19 at 7:09 PM

This past summer I had a series of accidents that completely incapacitated me, and dh really stepped up to the plate. He took care of me, the house, (sort of) and the child. But once I was on my feet, I was on my own again.

• Mommy4-27-08
    February 19 at 7:24 PM
    My DF for most of it, the rest waits for me.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts