The CafeMom Newcomers Club

godsgirl26
Valentine's day
February 14 at 5:32 PM
Do you celebrate? or is it just another day to you?

Replies

• DallasCowboys81
    February 14 at 5:48 PM
    This yr feels like another day. Im kind of bummed actually. Hubby always does something. I did give him something but he hasnt to me. Kinda hurt actually. Im not showing him im hirt, but it does sting a little. :(
  • csmomintraining
    February 14 at 6:07 PM

It was just another day before my daughter was born. She has started to get excited about holidays and it gets us excited too.

• craftymom9840
    February 14 at 6:07 PM

I usually fix a special supper, Nice but not too crazy, but I just talked to him (an hour late) and he is working late.  I wish he had at least bothered to call.  I know he is not a romantic kind of guy, he never has been, but this has me a little bummed tonight.

• dingysfamily
    February 14 at 6:11 PM

Dh & I usually just exchange cards, but this year we didn't.  He said when he went to get me a card the selection was just really 'crappy', so he just didn't get one.  He's taking me out to breakfast instead when we go into town tomorrow morning.  I ordered him a card off of Etsy over a week ago and it still hasn't come; I'm guessing the weather is part of the reason - we've not had mail delivery for the past 2 days ... so much for "neither sleet, nor hail, nor rain, nor snow, shall keep us from our appointed rounds!"  I did give him a jib jab one though, but he hasn't seen it on his face book yet.  I did order dd and I mother/daughter celtic knot matching necklaces at the same time I ordered dh's card (they were delivered 3 days ago), along with 2 other items I ordered from other people on Etsy.  Oh well!!!  The other things I'm holding for dd's birthday in May.  I'm still waiting for a couple of other things for her birthday too. 

• FlutterbyMom3
    February 14 at 6:17 PM
    We get the kids gifts and my husband got me flowers but that's it. We don't go crazy with it.
  • 143myboys9496
    February 14 at 8:30 PM

We trade flowers, but other than that, just another day.

• AdriaJean
    February 14 at 9:21 PM
    I usually just wait until after, that way I can buy lots of cheap chocolate! (:

Quoting godsgirl26: Do you celebrate? or is it just another day to you?
  • ConnorsMommy521
    February 14 at 10:40 PM

Just another day.  We like to do date nights when possible, nothing forced.

• JoshuasGirlNMC
    February 14 at 10:44 PM

Its just another day for me... honestly... we did go out to dinner though it was nice. 

• 143myboys9496
    February 15 at 1:35 AM

I'll get dh flowers on the way home. Nothing too fancy. He did the same, he actually bought me 2 bouquets earlier this week and a yellow rose tonite before I left for work. 

That's it though. Nothing big.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts