by Mary Fischer
Do you remember the exact moment when you told your husband (or boyfriend or whoever) that you were pregnant? What am I saying? Of course you do.
I'm sure his reaction is permanently stuck in your brain, regardless of whether he was elated, annoyed, or totally scared to death.
But no matter what emotion he expressed to you after hearing the news that you had a bun in the oven -- you gotta wonder what, exactly, must have been going through his brain right afterward.
If I had to guess, I'd say there are around nine phases a man goes through after hearing that he is going to become a father.
1. At first, he doesn't quite process what you just said. "Wait ... what? What did you just say? What's happening?"
2. Then you say it again and it sinks in. And he freaks.
3. Then he pats himself on the back. "Oh yeah. My boys can SWIM, baby!"
4. And then for a brief second, he panics. "Hold up -- it's mine, right?"
5. But then in the next breath he's all, "Of COURSE it's mine. DUH. She adores me."
6. Then the light bulb REALLY goes off. "OMG. I'm going to be a dad?!?"
7. The panic comes back. He's all, "Am I ready for this? Can I handle this shit?"
8. He takes a step back and thinks to himself, "I CAN do this. Time to step up to the plate. Bring it."
9. And that's when the emotion really hits him and he can't hold it in any longer. "OMG. I'm going to be a DAD. It really doesn't get any better than this."
How did your man react when you broke the news?
February 7, 2014 at 10:35 AM
First one was, "are you sure?" We had been trying for 3 years and had just stopped fertility treatments 3 months before.
Second was "Oh shit!" We had only been trying for 2 months
Third was "Hope its your girl this time" We were planning for this one to be a girl after first 2 were boys and I had thought my 2nd was going to be a girl.
Fourth was "Are you kidding me" He was a total surprise.
by sexylady34February 7, 2014 at 10:39 AMhe had 5 dozen pink and blue roses sent to me I'll never forget it!
My hubby keep haveing a thought in his head and saying he will not be a Father till I got preg with Ds 1 then he was really excited when i told him..Ds2 was a shock to him but he was really excited after we had a still born baby girl like was about 3 or 4 yr before Ds 2 was con and i rember his big ass smile with the Ds and him telling alot of his family tooo :-)
February 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Quoting sexylady34: he had 5 dozen pink and blue roses sent to me I'll never forget it!
by LeKendriaFebruary 8, 2014 at 2:47 AMHe was really excited then he said thats why youve been eating so much, lol. Then, we sat down and ate our burgers, hahahah!