The CafeMom Newcomers Club

amonkeymom
If your child doesn't like what you make for dinner... ?
February 2 at 1:41 PM

Do you make them a separate meal?

Why/why not?

Replies

• coolmommy2x
    February 2 at 1:45 PM
    If I make something I know one or both them do not like, I'll make them something else. If they usually like it but don't want it or suddenly don't like it, they can have cereal and have to get it themselves.
  • CrunchMaMaBear
    February 2 at 1:47 PM
    I will because why not.
  • Cmgmqmmom
    February 2 at 1:47 PM
    If I make something I know my kids won't eat (which is rare) I would make them something else. However, I just usually make food we all like.
    If they refuse to eat what I make and it's normally something they'd eat, they go to bed without. That happens almost never.
  • outtamymynd
    February 2 at 1:48 PM
    If they don't like what's for dinner, they can have a sandwich.
  • Lorelai_Nicole
    February 2 at 1:48 PM

No. They are welcome to make themselves a sandwich, or reheat some leftovers. But I am not a short-order cook.

• katiebug840204
    February 2 at 1:52 PM
    I do not. But I will allow them to eat a bowl of cereal or a sandwich if it's something I know for a fact they do not like.
  • HippieMomma08
    February 2 at 1:53 PM
    I make one dinner. Both girls have been eating the same foods we eat since they started on solids.
  • Kaya529
    by Kaya529
    February 2 at 1:53 PM
    No, I just take his wants into consideration when making dinner. It avoids the whole situation to begin with.
  • sweetsavannah10
    February 2 at 1:54 PM
    Nope. If she doesn't like it, tough shit lol. She eats everything though so i don't have an issue
  • ashthecat
    February 2 at 1:55 PM

I won't cook a separate meal. My 2year old is picky.  I do try to make sure one component of every meal is something he'll eat. 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts