The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
amonkeymom
If your child doesn't like what you make for dinner... ?
February 2 at 1:41 PM

Do you make them a separate meal?

Why/why not?

Replies

• Prissy_Gurl
    February 2 at 3:15 PM
    My kids eat what I make if they don't eat their not hungry. If the put their plate in the fridge they'll reheat it when their hungry.
  • haileys_mommy06
    February 2 at 3:17 PM
    You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit! That's the rule in our house.
  • amonkeymom
    February 2 at 3:20 PM

This is me as well.  I will not make 2 meals when one will suffice.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

No. They are welcome to make themselves a sandwich, or reheat some leftovers. But I am not a short-order cook.

• indianamom1985
    February 2 at 4:11 PM

If I do make something I know DS won't eat I will usually make him something else.. HE is really picky so Sometime I make him try what I made again and call it something else so he will try it... But if he still doesn't like it then he can have something else... if its something he's had before and suddenly doesn't "Like it" anymore he is tough out of luck... He can eat it or be hungry... he usually eats it before he goes to bed!!

• melissa632
    February 2 at 4:13 PM
    That's usually not an issue here. My youngest is almost 11, though. If he's unhappy with the menu, he can make a sandwich, get some cereal etc. I don't cook a separate meal.
  • MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    February 2 at 4:16 PM
    When my son was younger absolutely. I'm not going to punish him for having food preferences. It's human and perfectly natural to like some things and not like others. At 13 , he is now more than capable to help/make something else if he doesn't like what I made.
  • Docgirl2000
    February 2 at 4:16 PM
    Yes i do.
  • Chirinos
    February 2 at 4:22 PM
    No either they eat what I made or they wait till breakfast to eat. I'm not a restaurant.
  • NDADanceMom
    February 2 at 4:34 PM

no.  I want them to try new things.  

• Senile-felines
    February 2 at 4:36 PM
    Ditto to this post...

Quoting Cmgmqmmom: If I make something I know my kids won't eat (which is rare) I would make them something else. However, I just usually make food we all like.

If they refuse to eat what I make and it's normally something they'd eat, they go to bed without. That happens almost never.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN