The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
momaof8
Love at first sight?
by momaof8
February 1 at 8:21 AM

Do you think it exists? I do. My husband said the first day he saw me he was going to marry me. He was standing with his best friend and saw me accross a large room. He told his friend see that girl I am going to marry her.

Replies

• alliweben
    February 1 at 8:38 AM

I haven't experienced it, but I see no reason to think it doesn't happen for some people.   The first time I saw my husband, I thought he was nice, smart and good looking but I didn't feel any attraction until after we got to know each other.   I've told him this, and he says he only remembers he thought I was attractive and smart!  (No mention of nice! LOL!)

• daisymahaffey
    February 1 at 10:29 AM
    I have experienced it. But with my DH I actually hated him at first and just couldn't stand him. Then things changed & now I can't stand the thought of being without him.
  • poshkat
    by poshkat
    February 1 at 10:33 AM
    Yes, I haven't experienced it, but I know it does happen
  • Mommy4-27-08
    February 1 at 12:38 PM
    Sure, I loved both my kids before ever even seeing them. And my cat I loved at first sight. Lol.

My fiance and I met in first grade and went to school together our whole lives. We were never in the same social circles and never hung out despite being one street down from each other. We reconnected after high school and became best friends. We believed we had no feelings for each other, until I started dating someone else and then we both realized, super slowly, that what we really wanted was each other. And we started dating 3 years ago.
  • LizardBreath17
    February 1 at 2:52 PM

I do. The moment I saw  the father of my child I knew I loved him and waned to be with him and nobody else. Unfortunately the gaze of love was not returned. Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all I suppose. 

• nanasue31204
    February 1 at 3:44 PM
    Yes I believe in love at first sight. My dh and I both experienced it with each other. After our first date I told my mom I was going to marry him, she laughed because I was only 16 and he was 17, found out later he'd said the same thing. Here we are 15 1/2 years later, married and blissfully happy in love. Sometimes you just know even if it seems crazy.
  • auntangelofsix
    February 1 at 4:07 PM
    Yea i do.
  • kadensmomma0708
    February 1 at 4:23 PM

My husabnd used to work for me.  He said the first time he saw me he KNEW that we would get married.  He just didnt know that it would take me four years to actually get me to agree to go on a date. 

• Brandibee_5
    February 2 at 11:25 AM
    The day my husband and I meet we both knew we were gonna marry each other. I don't know how but we even talked about it on our first date. We got married a month later. We have been married 2 years now.
  • calsmom62
    February 2 at 9:24 PM
    dh told his roommate the same thing after we had met at a disco. we were married two months later. been 31 yrs.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts