The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Shayef
Ugh! Power bills! Did yours sky rocket??
by Shayef
January 31 at 5:35 PM
My power bill more than doubled this month along with everyone else I know! It's so stressful! Did yours go up??

Replies

• Spoiled_Blonde
    February 1 at 7:52 PM
    Our power bill is always around $80, year round. Our natural gas bill went up to $40. Our old house the power bill would go up to almost $500 from $150 when it got really cold. Thank goodness for our new energy efficient house! :)
  • AjCeCeMom
    February 1 at 8:10 PM
    Yup, my heating bill doubled. :(
  • ilovemykids323
    February 1 at 8:24 PM

the electric bill was crazy last month not sure about the gas.

• Shayef
    by Shayef
    February 1 at 8:37 PM
    I know its awful I don't know how everyone is going to handle the increase. My mom was telling me a lady that lives in the same area as her her bill was 800.00. That nuts!!
  • Shayef
    by Shayef
    February 1 at 9:43 PM

BUMP!

• RADmomma
    February 1 at 9:52 PM
    My heat is gas & our bill is $140.

Our last house was kerosene & that was almost $4000 to heat for the winter. Leaving the thermostat set on 60. It was so expensive!!!
  • Shayef
    by Shayef
    February 1 at 9:53 PM
    Wow that's crazy!!!
  • gingermommy86
    February 1 at 9:54 PM
    Back at the end of November we had our heating system replaced with a new one with a heat pump. They told us that it would be cheaper on our bill with the heat pump.. well the old unit was too small for our house so they put in a bigger one.. so when we got December electric bill. . We were floored it went from maybe around 100$ to almost a 300$ bill.. so we figured maybe it was working the kinks out.. nope got this bill 271$.. we keep it on 70 and never touch it. Sigh can't wait for spring..
  • BibliophileMom
    February 1 at 9:54 PM
    it went up slightly because of the cold but we use pellet stove heat and electric heat as a buffer
  • Shayef
    by Shayef
    February 1 at 10:12 PM
    I am so sorry ginger. We are looking at having to get another hvac unit in this house we just bought too! I am not looking forward to that!!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN