The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OhSara87
Ketogenic Diet?? Advice needed!!!
January 24 at 3:30 AM
Are there any moms on here that are familiar with this diet??

I'm just now finding out from DF that he was epileptic as a child and that there is a high risk my dd (who is 4 days overdue) could very well have seizures and be diagnosed with epilepsy.

I love how I'm already miserable being overdue and not being induced till Monday night, and he just now gets around to telling me this. Let's add more things to my already over crowded plate!!

Replies

• OhSara87
    January 24 at 9:22 AM
    Anyone??
  • GirlieGal76
    January 24 at 11:28 AM

Try not to worry yourself with this thought. If only one parent has been diagnosed with epilepsy, and that parent is the father, the chances of passing it on to your child are less than 3%. If it was you who had epilepsy, the chances of passing it on are still less than 8%. That is such a miniscule number, combined with the fact that the father only had childhood epilepsy. I wouldn't even give it another thought.

• OhSara87
    January 24 at 12:36 PM
    He's been showing signs of ptsd, depression, and separation anxiety this last month. Guilt tripping me because I work 2 jobs and don't really support his needs. I also have a 3.5 year old who behaves better than he does.

He threw this on me in the middle of a fight. I'm not working now bc I was put on bed rest for having bronchitis and high stress levels at 38 weeks.

Quoting GirlieGal76:

Try not to worry yourself with this thought. If only one parent has been diagnosed with epilepsy, and that parent is the father, the chances of passing it on to your child are less than 3%. If it was you who had epilepsy, the chances of passing it on are still less than 8%. That is such a miniscule number, combined with the fact that the father only had childhood epilepsy. I wouldn't even give it another thought.

• OhSara87
    January 24 at 12:36 PM
    He's been showing signs of ptsd, depression, and separation anxiety this last month. Guilt tripping me because I work 2 jobs and don't really support his needs. I also have a 3.5 year old who behaves better than he does.

He threw this on me in the middle of a fight. I'm not working now bc I was put on bed rest for having bronchitis and high stress levels at 38 weeks.

Quoting GirlieGal76:

• GirlieGal76
    January 24 at 8:20 PM

I am sorry for what you're going through, that can't be easy. I hope you are able to find someone emotionally stable to rely on during this time.

• OhSara87
    January 24 at 9:00 PM
    I talked to one of the nurses from the Peds office that she will be going to and they didn't seem to concerned

Quoting GirlieGal76:

I am sorry for what you're going through, that can't be easy. I hope you are able to find someone emotionally stable to rely on during this time.

• needadvice1983
    January 25 at 12:49 PM
    Don't worry yourself over it. Neither I nor my DHhave any family history of seizures and our oldest had the rarest and most serious form of epilepsy kids can get. Genetics are weird. Just because your DH had epilepsy does not mean your child is bound to get it. Just focus on getting your DH help it sounds like he needs and enjoy your baby when it comes. If you are constantly in fear of the baby having a seizure you will never enjoy your time with her. These years fly by too quickly to be constantly in fear of something that might never happen.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts