The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
IncognitoOne
We've made the decision...
January 21 at 8:54 AM

To NOT put our boys in Football this young, 7 and 5. DH's boss and the salesman where he works are MAD because they're both football coaches and have been begging us to put them in.

They're already in sports from February-October, plus school. I just don't think adding a third sport on top of it all will benefit them at all. We didn't sign them up for basketball for the same reason, it's just there wasn't as much pressure to get them started in that sport. I keep hearing "Colton would make an amazing kicker and Keaton is built like a line backer, their futures will be set if you make them play!" I would never MAKE them play anything, but they kind of want to do football, but when asked which sport they wanted to give up because time is a huge factor, both of them said they would rather not play football than give up soccer or baseball.

What do you say? Do your kids play sports? Our boys have been in soccer since two and picked up baseball last summer.

Replies

• slapdashmom
    January 21 at 8:57 AM

Our kids don't play sports - well our 6th grader did before we moved, but it was just flag football. I don't think regular football is safe enough to put my kids in.

• IncognitoOne
    January 21 at 9:00 AM

That was one reason, the safety issue. But the amount of time consumed was the biggest thing.

Going by every day we all do something risky.

Quoting slapdashmom:

Our kids don't play sports - well our 6th grader did before we moved, but it was just flag football. I don't think regular football is safe enough to put my kids in.

• Ashtenn-428
    January 21 at 9:25 AM
    Their futures could be set with baseball also. A guy I graduated high school with is now the pitcher for the Atlanta braves!
  • IncognitoOne
    January 21 at 9:26 AM

Soccer isn't out of the picture either, honestly, lol.

But either way, they play for the fun of it, not the "could be."

Quoting Ashtenn-428: Their futures could be set with baseball also. A guy I graduated high school with is now the pitcher for the Atlanta braves!

• Ashtenn-428
    January 21 at 9:29 AM
    I understand that too..but just saying, ya never know, ya know lol

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting Ashtenn-428: Their futures could be set with baseball also. A guy I graduated high school with is now the pitcher for the Atlanta braves!

• IncognitoOne
    January 21 at 9:32 AM

Exactly!

Quoting Ashtenn-428: I understand that too..but just saying, ya never know, ya know lol

Quoting IncognitoOne:

• MandaMom23
    January 21 at 9:33 AM

My son is 4 and will be playing Tball and soccer  this year.  Both of my brothers started playing football at 7 or 8 but I dont think I will get my son into football that young. 

• IncognitoOne
    January 21 at 9:34 AM

Watching kids play soccer that young is so much fun! LOL

Quoting MandaMom23:

My son is 4 and will be playing Tball and soccer  this year.  Both of my brothers started playing football at 7 or 8 but I dont think I will get my son into football that young. 

• MandaMom23
    January 21 at 9:36 AM

from what i have saw the kids get scattered all over and chase the ball around.  It will be good exercise and entertainment = )

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting MandaMom23:

• IncognitoOne
    January 21 at 9:38 AM

There will be actual skill training too, but in a fun way. The kids don't even realize they're learning, lol. I love it.

Quoting MandaMom23:

from what i have saw the kids get scattered all over and chase the ball around.  It will be good exercise and entertainment = )

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting MandaMom23:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts