The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Bmat
What did your grandma used to cook that you are sorry you didn't get the recipe for?
by Bmat
December 8, 2013 at 4:14 PM

My sister wishes that she had gotten my grandma's molasses cookie recipe. They were soft cookies. :(

Replies

• taKENheart
    December 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I guess it would have to be her crepe recipe.  I use Alton Brown's recipe but it isn't the same or maybe just my technique stinks, lol.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    December 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM

LOL!

I loved my grandma's noodles. I kind of make them like she did.  For some of her dishes, though, she used lard and I no longer even use shortening.

Quoting taKENheart:

I guess it would have to be her crepe recipe.  I use Alton Brown's recipe but it isn't the same or maybe just my technique stinks, lol.

• Andylund
    December 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    Her apple butter it was amazing
  • ashleyedwards7
    December 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    Her Swedish meatballs. They were delicious!
  • taKENheart
    December 8, 2013 at 7:20 PM

She made homemade noodles from scratch?  I have never tried that.  Oh yeah, I rarely ever use shortening myself but I'm sure it makes a difference somehow.

Quoting Bmat:

LOL!

I loved my grandma's noodles. I kind of make them like she did.  For some of her dishes, though, she used lard and I no longer even use shortening.

Quoting taKENheart:

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    December 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    My grandma made the world's best cinnamon rolls. She's still alive but she's 100 years old and she has Alzheimer's disease so the recipe is lost.
  • Jennyanne322
    December 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    Chicken and dumplings. They were my dads favorite and I wish I could make them for him.
  • momma2b2008
    December 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM
    Both of my grandmas are still alive. But I would be sad if I didn't get my dads moms potatoe salad recipe and my moms moms fudge and peanut butter recipe.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    December 8, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Apple butter is one of my favorites!

Quoting Andylund: Her apple butter it was amazing

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    December 8, 2013 at 7:37 PM

It really isn't hard. She raised her own chickens and had fresh eggs, so maybe that made a difference.  She sifted a pile of flour with a little salt on her countertop and made a well and put in some eggs and milk and pulled it all together with her hands until it formed a dough, then rolled it out and cut it. I make mine in a bowl and use a wooden spoon, but there was something about hers that was so good, whether it was the fresh eggs or the thickness or the length of time she let them dry I'm not sure. :)

Quoting taKENheart:

She made homemade noodles from scratch?  I have never tried that.  Oh yeah, I rarely ever use shortening myself but I'm sure it makes a difference somehow.

Quoting Bmat:

LOL!

Quoting taKENheart:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts