The CafeMom Newcomers Club

wonderwomanT08
DH thinks turkey should be....
November 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Dry. I don't get it! His moms turkey was way too dry for me. And she served it with beef gravy. I like it moist. He says moist turkey is gross!

I thought it was everyones goal to make a moist turkey.. lol

So do you like your turkey moist or dry ( dry meaning you can't stab it with a fork)

Replies

• Paperfishies
    November 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    Moist. Dry turkey grosses me out.
  • angelachristine
    November 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM

It shouldn't be soaking but it shouldn't be dry either. I would hate dry turkey and if it's dry it'll be darn near inedible tomorrow. Yuck. 

• teri4lance
    Disgusting! Dry is gross. And beef gravy? Double disgusting.
  • geek.girl

I like my turkey moist. I have a weird thing too though so I get where you husband is coming from: I like lumpy mashed potatoes. I grew up on my mom and grandma not being able to make them smooth. Now I don't like the smooth ones so I do smashed ones instead which my own husband is ok with. I now can make creamy mashed potatoes. I think they're nasty though.

• wonderwomanT08
    November 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    I like lumpy mashed potatoes too! :)

Quoting geek.girl:

I like my turkey moist. I have a weird thing too though so I get where you husband is coming from: I like lumpy mashed potatoes. I grew up on my mom and grandma not being able to make them smooth. Now I don't like the smooth ones so I do smashed ones instead which my own husband is ok with. I now can make creamy mashed potatoes. I think they're nasty though.

• beadingmom17
    November 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    This! I don't want to slurp it, but it shouldn't be sawdust in my mouth!

Quoting teri4lance:

Disgusting! Dry is gross. And beef gravy? Double disgusting.
  • wonderwomanT08
    November 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    Oh and its not just his preference. He thinks its supposed to be that way

Quoting geek.girl:

• Mamaof3and1tobe
    November 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    Ewww! What's wrong with him? Lol
  • geek.girl
    November 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I thought potatoes were supposed to be lumpy until I was like 20 and made them for my husband. He spit them out and upset me. I still didn't believe him for years though. It was just nasty to me. I was taught to leave the lumps in and not pound them out too much or they would be like soup in my mothers opinion. 

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Oh and its not just his preference. He thinks its supposed to be that way

Quoting geek.girl:

• wonderwomanT08
    November 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    I know!

Quoting Mamaof3and1tobe:

Ewww! What's wrong with him? Lol

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!