wonderwomanT08
DH thinks turkey should be....
November 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Dry. I don't get it! His moms turkey was way too dry for me. And she served it with beef gravy. I like it moist. He says moist turkey is gross!

I thought it was everyones goal to make a moist turkey.. lol

So do you like your turkey moist or dry ( dry meaning you can't stab it with a fork)

Replies

• Paperfishies
    November 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    Moist. Dry turkey grosses me out.
  • angelachristine
    November 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM

It shouldn't be soaking but it shouldn't be dry either. I would hate dry turkey and if it's dry it'll be darn near inedible tomorrow. Yuck. 

• teri4lance
    Disgusting! Dry is gross. And beef gravy? Double disgusting.
  • geek.girl

I like my turkey moist. I have a weird thing too though so I get where you husband is coming from: I like lumpy mashed potatoes. I grew up on my mom and grandma not being able to make them smooth. Now I don't like the smooth ones so I do smashed ones instead which my own husband is ok with. I now can make creamy mashed potatoes. I think they're nasty though.

• wonderwomanT08
    November 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    I like lumpy mashed potatoes too! :)

Quoting geek.girl:

I like my turkey moist. I have a weird thing too though so I get where you husband is coming from: I like lumpy mashed potatoes. I grew up on my mom and grandma not being able to make them smooth. Now I don't like the smooth ones so I do smashed ones instead which my own husband is ok with. I now can make creamy mashed potatoes. I think they're nasty though.

• beadingmom17
    November 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    This! I don't want to slurp it, but it shouldn't be sawdust in my mouth!

Quoting teri4lance:

Disgusting! Dry is gross. And beef gravy? Double disgusting.
  • wonderwomanT08
    November 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    Oh and its not just his preference. He thinks its supposed to be that way

Quoting geek.girl:

• Mamaof3and1tobe
    November 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    Ewww! What's wrong with him? Lol
  • geek.girl
    November 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I thought potatoes were supposed to be lumpy until I was like 20 and made them for my husband. He spit them out and upset me. I still didn't believe him for years though. It was just nasty to me. I was taught to leave the lumps in and not pound them out too much or they would be like soup in my mothers opinion. 

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Oh and its not just his preference. He thinks its supposed to be that way

Quoting geek.girl:

• wonderwomanT08
    November 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    I know!

Quoting Mamaof3and1tobe:

Ewww! What's wrong with him? Lol