The CafeMom Newcomers Club

jconney80
Do you REALLY like your in-laws?
November 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Fess up and be honest =) Do you really like your in-laws or does a part of you secretly dread seeing them at holidays? Or does your own family drive you batty??

Replies

• jconney80
    November 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    I'm kind of lucky in this department. My in-laws live 1,000 miles away and I rarely see them. They don't travel here and we have two little kids so we haven't gone to see them.

On one hand I would like to see them more but on the other hand I feel like they would always have something to say about my parenting or my kids. I don't like people butting in to my family and how we raise our children. We're very well set in our ways because we have kids with special needs and know them the best.
  • Luv_my_hubby
    November 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    I love my MIL but her new husband drives both my DH & I crazy. He has no filter and says hurtful things sometimes when my MIL isn't in earshot.
    We often wonder if she regrets marrying him. They married about 10 months after his dad died suddenly. They were married within 3 months after they started dating.
  • Fields456
    November 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    I love my Inlaws. Yes they drive me batshit crazy sometimes but so does my own family same goes for my ex Inlaws ( still have a great relationship with them because of my daughter )
  • Ninjascreenname
    November 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    No, I do not. She HAS to make everything about her, and I'm tired of it. Today is my child that passed away birthday and my mother in law showed her ass last night. Fuck her.
  • bmw29
    by bmw29
    November 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    I adore my in-laws. I spend way more than the holidays with them, they're my neighbors. LOL
  • kaygarcia97
    November 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I absolutely love my in-laws all of them. They are really just great people and so loving and accepting. Im very excited to see them on Thursday

• momoftwogirl55
    November 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM
    Not a fan of my in laws
  • kerryket
    November 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM
    I love my MIL, I never got to meet my FIL, he passed before I met my husband.
  • DallasCowboys81
    November 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    I can honestly say I love my in laes. They are truly an amaxing family and I am so blessed to be able to say I am with them. They are indeed amazing..... :)
  • Mrs.MikeC
    November 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    I absolutely love my mother and father in law! ...only problem is my sil (my Hubby's sister).

Long story short my mil had mental health issues when hubby was like 6. She was like 16 at the time so I'm sure she mothered my hubby because their mother was so bad.

She constantly calls him, more than his mom and dad do. Seems like she has to know our business. She could never have kids of her own so she sort of kind of acts like ours are hers. She takes pictures with my kids with her husband. Lol... She takes group pictures of her cousins and their spouses and automatically asks me to take the picture. As if she is planning for my husband and I to divorce. She never came around her family much until I came into the picture and then had the guts to tell my husband he should get a prenup. She was going to throw a baby shower for me for dd#1 but got pissed because I told her I couldn't do it the two weeks she had picked (dh farms and it was most likely going to fall on the day I needed to help with crops. We actually were cutting beans that day.). ...I could go on haha... I nicknamed her smother haha get it sister in law/ mother= smother bahaha

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN