The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Country_Momma89
Vehicle opinions needed!
November 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Come tax time I'm looking to get a new vehicle. I currently have a Nissan Altima, I do love my car but after spinning out twice this morning because of snow/ice covered roads ( just moved to CO from TX) I've come to the conclusion that I need something 4 wheel drive. I'm leaning towards a Jeep Cherokee Sport but am open to other suggestions. I want something that's moderate in size but not huge and gets decent gas mileage. Thanks!

Replies

• Country_Momma89
    November 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM

BUMP!

• RADmomma
    November 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    What year jeep!!?!

I drive an AWD VW passat wagon! Love it.
    Hubby drives a lifted Jeep liberty! He loves it. He owned a Cherokee previously. It wasn't good on gas & didn't have enough head room for him. He's tall. But it was older so that explains some gas mileage.
  • ambermario4ever
    November 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Four wheel drive is good but you also need snow tires.

• Brenna
    by Brenna
    November 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

lWe have a Jeep Commander and  a Dodge Journey. Love both. Better mileage with the Dodge.

I agree with the statement about headroom.  DF is 6'6 and we need the Commander for head room!

• jconney80
    November 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I hope you can find something good! I don't have a 4 wheel drive :(

• Country_Momma89
    November 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

2010 or newer. 

Quoting RADmomma:

What year jeep!!?!

I drive an AWD VW passat wagon! Love it.
    Hubby drives a lifted Jeep liberty! He loves it. He owned a Cherokee previously. It wasn't good on gas & didn't have enough head room for him. He's tall. But it was older so that explains some gas mileage.

• Country_Momma89
    November 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yeah, I bought new tires just before moving here and told them I wanted tires that would do well in snow but not sure if they actually qualify as snow tires.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Four wheel drive is good but you also need snow tires.

• Country_Momma89
    November 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Thanks! I'm 5'8 so don't need a lot of head room but don't wanna be squished either lol.

Quoting Brenna:

lWe have a Jeep Commander and  a Dodge Journey. Love both. Better mileage with the Dodge.

I agree with the statement about headroom.  DF is 6'6 and we need the Commander for head room!

• Perfect_Misfit
    November 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    I've got a 2001 Nissan Xterra Xtreme and I LOVE love LOVE it! It's sooo comfy and easy to drive.
  • DallasCowboys81
    November 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    We have a 2007 Dodge Durango. I love, love, love my car!!!!!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN