mama-grace2
I'm not doing Thanksgiving!!
November 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Me and my SO decided we were breaking our normal routine of going to his family's house for turkey day this year. I will probably just let our DD go with my mother to my grandmothers house. I am Black Thursday shopping at Walmart at 6pm and have to work Friday at 8 am which is why I won't be joining my mom. His parents are going to be absolutely livid with us though, but SO and I just don't think we can handle his dads bullspit this year with the way he's been acting lately. He hates my SO and is very vocal about his feelings and gets drunk daily. I just can't sit there and listen to him anymore and my SO doesn't need it either. It made our decision a little easier when I found out he was severely degrading my SO in front of DD. ass. Ugh just needed to vent bc it's going to get ugly when his mom is informed of our absence at the dinner table this year.

Replies

• starlite204
    November 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

well alot of people have to handle the same family personalities! but some like youself have to do what they have to do! good luck!!!

• MommaVoo
    November 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

good for you! What time do you plan on getting to Walmart? I am shopping then as well and am not sure when I should go. Dont stress about the family stuff, or I should say dont let it get to you. I think you are doing the right thing by removing yourself from the situation but not letting your child miss out.

• mama-grace2
    November 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    I feel that nobody should HAVE to deal with it. That's sad IMO. Hopefully all goes well lol.

Quoting starlite204:

well alot of people have to handle the same family personalities! but some like youself have to do what they have to do! good luck!!!

• mama-grace2
    November 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    Not quite sure what time, no earlier than 5 I hope! Not going for huge items, but I'm going with my aunt and grandma so who knows lol. I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant and would rather brave Black Thursday at Walmart than go to my inlaws house!!

Quoting MommaVoo:

good for you! What time do you plan on getting to Walmart? I am shopping then as well and am not sure when I should go. Dont stress about the family stuff, or I should say dont let it get to you. I think you are doing the right thing by removing yourself from the situation but not letting your child miss out.

• MommaVoo
    November 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM

are you in our January 2014 babiy grp? Im 31 weeks.. yea I was thinking 5 pm too, I think my Walmart will be open but Im asking on Monday when I go shopping.. I am not going for anything major but that Fisher Price activity mat has been on my registry for a while and its 15 bucks off.. GOTTA get that! I have also been thinking about getting the shark steam cleaner(half or house is wood flooring). I also want to see what baby toys I can get for the 5 dollar Fisher Price toys and the 3 dollar recipe tins.

Quoting mama-grace2:

Not quite sure what time, no earlier than 5 I hope! Not going for huge items, but I'm going with my aunt and grandma so who knows lol. I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant and would rather brave Black Thursday at Walmart than go to my inlaws house!!

Quoting MommaVoo:

• mama-grace2
    November 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    No I'm not in that group can you send me an invite? They have a few things for SO (coffee pot, George foreman, waffle maker) and most is going to DD. books, dolls, movies. She's so much easier to shop for at 5 than my SO is lol! Idk how I'm going to manage the crowds and rude people being so hormonal lol.

Quoting MommaVoo:

are you in our January 2014 babiy grp? Im 31 weeks.. yea I was thinking 5 pm too, I think my Walmart will be open but Im asking on Monday when I go shopping.. I am not going for anything major but that Fisher Price activity mat has been on my registry for a while and its 15 bucks off.. GOTTA get that! I have also been thinking about getting the shark steam cleaner(half or house is wood flooring). I also want to see what baby toys I can get for the 5 dollar Fisher Price toys and the 3 dollar recipe tins.

Quoting mama-grace2:

Quoting MommaVoo:

• puffnstuff1
    November 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Dear Grace,

You don't deserve that kind of treatment you should try to interact with your in-laws but not let them break your self esteem. You are a Fantastic mother KEEP DOIN WHAT YOU DOIN GIRL

Devindra Singh

• MommaVoo
    November 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

sent you a message I am fairly new to the site myself and cant figure out how to get you invited so going from my profile is probably easiest.

Quoting mama-grace2:

No I'm not in that group can you send me an invite? They have a few things for SO (coffee pot, George foreman, waffle maker) and most is going to DD. books, dolls, movies. She's so much easier to shop for at 5 than my SO is lol! Idk how I'm going to manage the crowds and rude people being so hormonal lol.

Quoting MommaVoo:

Quoting mama-grace2:

Quoting MommaVoo:

• jconney80
    November 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Ugh I wouldn't go either! You should just have your own Thanksgiving at your house! I always have it at my house.

• Perfect_Misfit
    November 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    I have no advice but don't blame you for not going. You're doing what you think os roght and hubby supports you.
    Congratulations on your baby. Praying for a smooth delivery.