The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
imthe808gurl
wondering...
November 21, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if my son should of had the flu shot or not. Because I was thinking about it, but then, my baby daddy said "no. they inject the flu in you and see if you can fight it or not. I don't want to give him it..." should I have gotten it anywaays or not?

Replies

• MixedCooke
    November 21, 2013 at 4:38 AM

nowadays they have the flu mist, secondly the give you a little bit of it so your body creates antibodies to fight it so then the next time you are exposed to it, you already have the antibodies for it and will either not get it or get it for a shorter duration of time. 

• MommaVoo
    November 21, 2013 at 7:45 AM

this, this was the first year I had gotten it but it wasnt because I was opposed to it.. mostly just because I dont get out much so up until now I have had very limited contact with the virus. Got it this year because of the baby coming and they highly recommend anyone around infants to get two vaccines atm.. TDAP(tetnus, whooping cough and a few other nasties) and the flu shot. I am of a mind to get them from now on.

Quoting MixedCooke:

nowadays they have the flu mist, secondly the give you a little bit of it so your body creates antibodies to fight it so then the next time you are exposed to it, you already have the antibodies for it and will either not get it or get it for a shorter duration of time. 

• carolina_gal
    November 21, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I'm not a fan and don't give it to my child.

It's a personal choice.  How old is your baby?

Quoting imthe808gurl:

Hey everyone. I was just wondering if my son should of had the flu shot or not. Because I was thinking about it, but then, my baby daddy said "no. they inject the flu in you and see if you can fight it or not. I don't want to give him it..." should I have gotten it anywaays or not?

• beadingmom17
    November 21, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    Our family never gets them.
  • waytomanykids10
    November 21, 2013 at 7:54 AM

We don't give the flu vaccine. They don't need it.

• imthe808gurl
    November 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    He is one right now :-) my little Angel. :-) I want to everything to make sure he's happy and healthy :-)

Quoting carolina_gal:

I'm not a fan and don't give it to my child.

It's a personal choice.  How old is your baby?

Quoting imthe808gurl:

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    November 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    My famy has no medical need for it, so we have never gotten it. The kids have never had the flu either.
  • imthe808gurl
    November 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Thanks everyone! :) Now I know what to do. :)

• Anzy
    by Anzy
    November 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I just recently went on a doc appointment with my 9 month old and they gave her the flu shot. Some days later she got sick, had a runny nose and a small fever. I do not know was it because of the shot or not..

• imthe808gurl
    November 23, 2013 at 4:01 AM

thanks :) I also wanted to ask, what do you girls think about him scraching his head? and hitting us in the head when hes in bed with me and baby daddy. What should we do? As diciplin?

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts