The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
momof4qtz
Do you get sick when your kids do??
November 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I never used to get sick, but the last 2 times that my kids got a bug, I did too.  Well, little man came home from pre k today & fell asleep, mind you he never takes naps.... unless he's getting sick.  Spiked a fever while sleeping, woke up & I asked him if his head hurt, throat hurt, belly hurt, no to all.  All of a sudden he pukes, glad I put the bucket out just in case.  So I have 4 more kids that will probably get sick & I'm praying I don't catch it - I have this irrational fear of vomitting, hate it. Hope this is a quick thing.... freaking germs.

Replies

• alexsmomaubrys2
    November 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Sometimes but not usually. I've built up a good immune system for the last 8 years.

• AtillaTheHun
    November 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM

On very few occasions over the years I ended up getting sick. Depends on what it is. 

• coolmommy2x
    November 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    Knock on wood, only once did we all get sick. My kids are rarely sick, fortunately.
  • waytomanykids10
    November 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Rarely do I get sick when they do. Which is good because with 9 children, someone is always sick.

• momof4qtz
    November 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I can only imagine!!!  I have 5 & I feel like someone has always got something!  My little one had a nasty cold last week, so I guess his immune system was on overload.  1st year of school is always the worst right? 

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Rarely do I get sick when they do. Which is good because with 9 children, someone is always sick.

• waytomanykids10
    November 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM

My kids are homeschooled so they don't get sick from school but we spend a lot of time at the dr office with my youngest so they seem to catch something from there very time we go.

Quoting momof4qtz:

I can only imagine!!!  I have 5 & I feel like someone has always got something!  My little one had a nasty cold last week, so I guess his immune system was on overload.  1st year of school is always the worst right? 

Quoting waytomanykids10:

• Chirinos
    Yes every time my kids get sick I get it as well. They love sharing with their mom.
  • sarahbell811

Ugh, last year my oldest DD got the stomach bug...gave it to everyone. Including me and DH. We were all sick on Thanksgiving, which was awful. I usually don't get sick when my kids do, sometimes. But those stomach bugs are nasty :( Hope you don't get sick.

• KendallsMommee
    November 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    Yep. Only the colds, though. I almost never have a fever or stomach bugs.

But dd (6) came home the same way your son did a few weeks ago. She said she had a headache and her tummy hurt. She fell asleep (highly unusual as well) on the couch and woke up running to the bathroom vomiting. She had a fever between 99 and 103 the next day. The third day she was good as new.

Must be something going around...
  • emtgirl885
    November 20, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    Hope your family feels better soon! My 4 year old son was sick this weekend. My husband caught it from him, I am fine.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts