The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
momof4qtz
Do you get sick when your kids do??
November 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I never used to get sick, but the last 2 times that my kids got a bug, I did too.  Well, little man came home from pre k today & fell asleep, mind you he never takes naps.... unless he's getting sick.  Spiked a fever while sleeping, woke up & I asked him if his head hurt, throat hurt, belly hurt, no to all.  All of a sudden he pukes, glad I put the bucket out just in case.  So I have 4 more kids that will probably get sick & I'm praying I don't catch it - I have this irrational fear of vomitting, hate it. Hope this is a quick thing.... freaking germs.

Replies

• alexsmomaubrys2
    November 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Sometimes but not usually. I've built up a good immune system for the last 8 years.

• AtillaTheHun
    November 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM

On very few occasions over the years I ended up getting sick. Depends on what it is. 

• coolmommy2x
    November 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    Knock on wood, only once did we all get sick. My kids are rarely sick, fortunately.
  • waytomanykids10
    November 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Rarely do I get sick when they do. Which is good because with 9 children, someone is always sick.

• momof4qtz
    November 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I can only imagine!!!  I have 5 & I feel like someone has always got something!  My little one had a nasty cold last week, so I guess his immune system was on overload.  1st year of school is always the worst right? 

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Rarely do I get sick when they do. Which is good because with 9 children, someone is always sick.

• waytomanykids10
    November 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM

My kids are homeschooled so they don't get sick from school but we spend a lot of time at the dr office with my youngest so they seem to catch something from there very time we go.

Quoting momof4qtz:

I can only imagine!!!  I have 5 & I feel like someone has always got something!  My little one had a nasty cold last week, so I guess his immune system was on overload.  1st year of school is always the worst right? 

Quoting waytomanykids10:

• Chirinos
    Yes every time my kids get sick I get it as well. They love sharing with their mom.
  • sarahbell811

Ugh, last year my oldest DD got the stomach bug...gave it to everyone. Including me and DH. We were all sick on Thanksgiving, which was awful. I usually don't get sick when my kids do, sometimes. But those stomach bugs are nasty :( Hope you don't get sick.

• KendallsMommee
    November 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    Yep. Only the colds, though. I almost never have a fever or stomach bugs.

But dd (6) came home the same way your son did a few weeks ago. She said she had a headache and her tummy hurt. She fell asleep (highly unusual as well) on the couch and woke up running to the bathroom vomiting. She had a fever between 99 and 103 the next day. The third day she was good as new.

Must be something going around...
  • emtgirl885
    November 20, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    Hope your family feels better soon! My 4 year old son was sick this weekend. My husband caught it from him, I am fine.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN