The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Texasgal99
Is it possible to ever trust again?
November 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM
My husband has cheated on me on more than one occasion, once physical the other through text msing. He says he wants to change for the family and has started going to counseling. But is it possible to ever really trust him again? I'd like to hear from other moms who have been through something similar.

Replies

• alexsmomaubrys2
    November 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM

In my opinion yes. I haven't gone through it myself but know many couples that survived an affair and they came out with a stronger marriage on the other side.

It will take time and marriage counseling and individual counseling but it'll be okay.

• weakestchimp
    November 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    i will be posirive only positive right now.
    scare the bajezzus out of him 2!
  • IncognitoOne
    November 16, 2013 at 7:05 PM

For me, it wouldn't be.

But you have to decide what is best for you and your family.

• RoseWall
    November 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

i guess with enough time and commitment anything can be accomplished.

for me i choose to trust my cheating ex.  but to no avail. he still cheated.

had to let the marriage go.

i guess it depends on how much help you get for this issue.

really i just dont know.

• CampClan
    November 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM

If both parties want it to work & each give their 100% to the marriage then I suppose it is possible. In my personal situation it was not but that was just me.

• pinkcoffeecup
    November 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I'd be on my guard if dh cheated. Even though he may have apologized. Is in counseling and all that.  It doesn't mean it will or will not happen again.  I just won't be letting my guard down.

• starreyedcutie
    November 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    For me no...never. that is unforgivable! I couldn't get past it and I won't try
  • ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    November 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM

only you can decide that...it would be really hard for me... and I don't think I would try after the second time.

• ScrChk23
    November 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM

It is possible, but very difficult.  Cheating is like breaking a bone.  The bone (relationship) may heal, but it will never be the same.

• coolmommy2x
    November 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    I like this reply.

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

I'd be on my guard if dh cheated. Even though he may have apologized. Is in counseling and all that.  It doesn't mean it will or will not happen again.  I just won't be letting my guard down.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN