The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Bohoqueen19
7 weeks ebf help
November 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Hi so I'm a little worried and need some help. I have a beautiful 7 week old daughter and she's been exusively breastfeeding since birth. She's been doing really well, usually feeds for about an hour every 2 hours, cause she likes to fall asleep. Every night we have a routine she tKes a bath and I feed her and she sleeps for about 7 hours. Well last night she just refused to sleep and all she wanted to do was nurse and sleep in my arms instead of her bassinet. This morning we both finally fell asleep around 630 and I woke up to her screaming bloody murder an hour and a half later. Nothing calmed her down except nursing. Is this normal? Is this a growth spurt? Is she okay? She never wakes up screaming like that, she's usually just fussy and that's even after 7 hours of sleep. I've been cobstant feeding her and she screamed like that. Of course it didn't help we went to my mother in laws the night before n she constantly was asking "why is she crying? Is she getting enough milk? Maybe you need to give her more? How much Are you giving her? You should give her formula?" That didn't help either. Ugh.

Replies

• bubble_guts
    November 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    How many diapers in 24hrs does she have?
    Is she running a fever? Gassy? Pain?
  • Amy_M
    by Amy_M
    November 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM

It happens.  Baby's change it up every once in a while..LOL  As long as she doesn't have a fever I wouldn't worry.  Just keep feeding her when she wants to be fed.  Sometimes they get into a phase of not sleeping as well.

• Bohoqueen19
    November 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    Her temp is normal she doesn't feel warm. She was a little gassy but nothing unusual. She has plenty of wet diapers I change it almost every time before I feed her and it's always wet. Ahhh just so tired. I think I got an hour if sleep all night.
  • SpnFulOfSugar
    November 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    Very normal, she's probably hitting a growth spurt. Just nurse on demand.
  • SpnFulOfSugar
    November 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    As long as she has plenty of wet diapers she's getting enough. Just trust your body, you're doing a great job!

Quoting Bohoqueen19:

Her temp is normal she doesn't feel warm. She was a little gassy but nothing unusual. She has plenty of wet diapers I change it almost every time before I feed her and it's always wet. Ahhh just so tired. I think I got an hour if sleep all night.

• TrouserMouse
    November 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    Normal. I've always said that if you can make it past week 8, you've got it. You are almost there!
  • Bohoqueen19
    November 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    Thank you ladies! I really appreciate it!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN