The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
kelliamber006
I want out....(vent)
October 31, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 years. We are pregnant with our first (31 weeks) and I have 2 children from my past relationship...
I cant take it anymore. I feel like I was destined to be alone. Im not happy with him anymore. He treats me like crap. Yelled at me tonight that my daughters costume got glitter everywhere. Yelled at me because i set my keys on the counter vs on the key ring...Always yelling at me if I dont clean enough, will rub it in my face that I lost my job and he has been making our house mortgage. Is always yelling and rude to my children, always is so quick to spank them and is very rough with them. I just feel like I need to be alone....that no man is worth this trouble :( I need help. I cant even cry in front of him because he will make fun of me and cal me a baby...I think I need out

Replies

• Rotorkitty
    October 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Definitely need out. Give him an ultimatum to change or leave. Have any family or friends who can help?

• kelliamber006
    November 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    He always is cutting me and my family done. Im just never good enough. He always says. "If we do thing his way things would be better"
  • kelliamber006
    November 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    My mom but she is out of town (30 mins) but that would mean my daughter going to a different school

Quoting Rotorkitty:

Definitely need out. Give him an ultimatum to change or leave. Have any family or friends who can help?

• Rotorkitty
    November 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Would you rather she stay there and see how he belittles you and think that's how a man is supposed to treat her when she starts relationships? 

Quoting kelliamber006:

My mom but she is out of town (30 mins) but that would mean my daughter going to a different school

Quoting Rotorkitty:

• DallasCowboys81
    November 1, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    Get out now before it gets physical. He sounds very abusive and you nor your girls don't need that. I wouldnt even give him a choice. Just leave while he is at work then there is no confrontation in front of the kids.
  • HlthyandatHome
    November 1, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Have you talked to your mom?  Does she know the situation? 

I'm with everyone else here.  While the emotional abuse you are receiving from him is damaging any smidgen of self-respect you have, think about the impact it is going to have on the way your daughter views relationships.  She is learning how to be a "wife" and "mommy" from watching you and studies have shown that those from abusive homes often find themselves in abusive situations as well.  Do this for your daughter but also know that it has to be done for you too.

It's time.

• coolmommy2x
    November 1, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Quoting Rotorkitty:

Would you rather she stay there and see how he belittles you and think that's how a man is supposed to treat her when she starts relationships? 

Quoting kelliamber006:

Quoting Rotorkitty:

• fudgybuddymom
    November 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Get out now before it gets worse!

• Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    November 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Sounds about right.

• kelliamber006
    November 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    She only knows a little bit. I dont like everytime I get mad at him to go running to her. Part of the time im just over reacting.... but Lately (past 6 months) it has gotten to him putting me down and belitting me. He will call my mom not a good person because his mom and dad are always giving him money if he gets caught up in bills and my mom cant because she cant afford it... heck I dont even ask her because im an adult and I need to deal with my money issues if they come up.

Quoting HlthyandatHome:

Have you talked to your mom?  Does she know the situation? 

I'm with everyone else here.  While the emotional abuse you are receiving from him is damaging any smidgen of self-respect you have, think about the impact it is going to have on the way your daughter views relationships.  She is learning how to be a "wife" and "mommy" from watching you and studies have shown that those from abusive homes often find themselves in abusive situations as well.  Do this for your daughter but also know that it has to be done for you too.

It's time.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts