The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Tabithaporte
induction
October 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Question;
Who was induced? How did you find it? I'm 38 weeks and at 3 cm and having quite a bit of pain. Contractions daily but no progress. My Hunny thinks asking for an induction would be fair, I'm not sure how I feel about it but I know this level of pain isn't typical. Any words of wisdome Ladies?

Replies

• bebe_ju-rah
    October 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    I was induced with my first and ended up needing an emergency c-section (I'm a statistic now). My second had to be another c-section so I feel like I really missed out on the whole thing. :(

• bakerytreatz16
    October 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    I was induced at 38 weeks as a result of complications due to my diabetes.

My induction went well. Except the epidural, it went in wrong and only numbed one side. So they did it again and I was so numb I couldn't stand to get in the wheel
    Chair and was stuck in the delivery room for 5 hours after dd was born.

But I didn't have any complications as a result from induction.

I will have to he induced this time around too. (Unless I require a c-section). My doctor won't allow me to carry past 39 weeks....
  • Tabithaporte
    October 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    Was the epidural required? Or a choice?
  • Tabithaporte
    October 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    Statistic?

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I was induced with my first and ended up needing an emergency c-section (I'm a statistic now). My second had to be another c-section so I feel like I really missed out on the whole thing. :(

• bebe_ju-rah
    October 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    Induction of labor for non-recognized indications was associated with a 67% increased relative risk of cesarean section (compared with spontaneous labor).
    It also significantly increased the chance of the infant requiring Neonatal Intensive Care Unit nursery care (an increased relative risk of 64%) or treatment (an increased relative risk of 44%) when compared with the spontaneous labor onset.

Quoting Tabithaporte:

Statistic?

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

• Tabithaporte
    October 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    Thanks :) I'm sorry you feel like you missed it. Those are scarry numbers! Holy smokes! Did your little ones need after care like that ( if you don't mind me asking) how did you find the c section?
  • TS9509
    by TS9509
    October 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I was induced after being a week overdue. My labor was fast and easy with no complications. I had a vag birth with nothing for pain. DS also had no problems or complications.

• rgba
    by rgba
    October 31, 2013 at 10:53 PM
    I was induced for the first one, and was supposed to be induced for the second but went in to labor. I did not enjoy induction and had problems.

39 weeks is now considered full term. Hang in there.
  • rgba
    by rgba
    October 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    Oh and I had prodromal labor for a week this time, sometimes my contractions were 2 minutes apart!

Quoting rgba:

I was induced for the first one, and was supposed to be induced for the second but went in to labor. I did not enjoy induction and had problems.

39 weeks is now considered full term. Hang in there.

• kcangel63
    October 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM
    I was induced early for non medical reason with my second. It wasn't 'bad'. I will say that I prefer my natural home births to an induction.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts