DallasCowboys81
Thanksgiving question ( Edited )
October 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM

if you were all by yourself with your immediate family in another state and didn't have the money to go to your home state to be with family and friends, would you make a meal for yourself or go out to eat as a family?

It's not that I don't like to cook, nor that we don't like the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We don't have any friends that can come over and "hang out" they all have family here. We usually play games and watch the game of course. However, I'm looking for something new. I love to cook, it's a big passion of mine. I just want to enjoy the day though... IDK...

Replies

• daydreamer3
    October 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I'd make a meal for just us. Well, I'd have my husband make it. lol

• frndlyfn
    October 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM

We make our own dinner at home.

• onethentwins
    October 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Make a meal of course!

• northernmommy
    Jen
    October 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    Make a meal. Leftovers are awesome!
  • PrincessAsmommy
    October 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I don't have any immediate family in our city or province and the extended family that does live within visiting distance always has other plans. So I always mae a feast for my little family and any company we might have. A couple times we've been able to make the trip to my parent's place (6 hrs from us) but I prefer to have Thanksgiving here and go to them for Christmas.

• coolmommy2x
    October 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    That's a good question. I really don't know though I think I'd lean toward going out.
  • Caitlin10081989
    October 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Make a thanksgiving meal for my family. 

• strictmomhere
    October 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    I would cook at home:)
  • Mena929
    by Mena929
    October 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I would probably go out to eat.

• MrsApple
    October 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM

The times we haven't gone to my parents' house to have Thanksgiving with the family,we've made a meal for just the three of us at home.Turkey,mashed potatoes,dressing,pumpkin pie,Mmmmmm!So worth the time and mess....plus then we have leftovers to last several days so we end up not really cooking again through the weekend.