The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
calsmom62
Does Your Cat Hide Your Stuff?
October 24, 2013 at 10:48 PM
last night ds had his lanyard with the house key on the small table that holds the globe. this morning it was gone. pencils and pens are on the floor. all the ties for my dining room chair covers are gone. Kinect pieces and legos wind up on the couch or under the orientals or under my bed. socks are under the coffee table. Its the kitty. he even drags a baby blanket around that he likes to lie on. Does your pet hide your stuff?

Replies

• crwspringer
    October 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    My old cat used to drag my dirty clothes into the living room..... Pretty embarrassing when your room mate and her boyfriend are the ones who come home and find your dirty underwear in the living room.

The cat I have now eats clothing ..... The netty stuff like tutus, costumes, etc in particular.

No kidding, just tonight I told dd to make sure she shut her closet door so the cat can't eat her new dress.
  • calsmom62
    October 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    mine used to sleep in my closer . or so i thought. he was going in there to chew on a dressy pant boot.

Quoting crwspringer:

My old cat used to drag my dirty clothes into the living room..... Pretty embarrassing when your room mate and her boyfriend are the ones who come home and find your dirty underwear in the living room.

The cat I have now eats clothing ..... The netty stuff like tutus, costumes, etc in particular.

No kidding, just tonight I told dd to make sure she shut her closet door so the cat can't eat her new dress.

• crwspringer
    October 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    So strange. I've never had a cat that ate or chewed on strange stuff before.
    This cat also likes to eat plastic. She munched about 1/4 of a dry cleaner bag before I figured it out. That was a fun vet bill.

Quoting calsmom62:

mine used to sleep in my closer . or so i thought. he was going in there to chew on a dressy pant boot.

Quoting crwspringer:

• arpazia
    by arpazia
    October 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    Hahaha! Kitty has to protect what they call theirs;)
    Growing up our raccoon would hide things. Money mostly, he loved quarters! He did take keys too.
  • Mommy4-27-08
    October 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    My cat steals rolled up socks, paper cups, receipts and hair bows mostly. He also drags clothes around the house.

He's weird though, he only eats certain foods and doesn't like cat treats or cat toys. He loves plastic bags! When I bring home groceriesn clothes, anything in a plastic bag, he takes the bag and licks it. Its like his crack.
  • Terikins
    October 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Yep,she's a bitch like that. Haha

• Terikins
    October 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

And she destroys cardboard boxes and anything in a plastic bag. 

• crwspringer
    October 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    My cat eats really thin plastic too. She actually had a blockage when we first figured it out.

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

My cat steals rolled up socks, paper cups, receipts and hair bows mostly. He also drags clothes around the house.

He's weird though, he only eats certain foods and doesn't like cat treats or cat toys. He loves plastic bags! When I bring home groceriesn clothes, anything in a plastic bag, he takes the bag and licks it. Its like his crack.

• northernmommy
    Jen
    October 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    I had fabric diss appearing in my craft room and it took me a while to figure out my cat hunter had found a hidey hole under my desk and had been stashing the fabri in there to sleep on
  • calsmom62
    October 25, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    ewwww. poor kitty.

Quoting crwspringer:

So strange. I've never had a cat that ate or chewed on strange stuff before.

This cat also likes to eat plastic. She munched about 1/4 of a dry cleaner bag before I figured it out. That was a fun vet bill.

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting crwspringer:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts