The CafeMom Newcomers Club

snowmommy0406
The stuff that comes out of our kids' mouths
October 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Last night we were having a family board game night. Well my ds (just turned 7 last week) was sitting with my mom and he turns to her and very loudly asks, "Grandma, why do your arms have flab and mine only muscles?" Being the kind if family we are it didn't hurt feelings, just made everyone laugh, but man kids come up with great stuff. My mom's response was that she didn't get much exercise at her work desk all day, and sure didn't so the amount of pushups to build muscles that he does every week between karate class and football practice for not following directions. What something has your child said that makes you just wanna shake your head?

Replies

• bamababe1975
    October 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Oh no! My girls haven't said anything that I recall off hand but my sister once pointed to a family - the mom and dad were albinos but the kids were African American - and said, "How come they aren't brown like their kids?" LOUDLY. My mom had to apologize to them and explain to her that sometimes families come in different colors, too.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

• MrsCain12
    October 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    Baby Cain #1 hasn't arrived yet, but I do have 2 little cousins that will keep you rolling. My parents were babysitting one, age 6, and he was walking around the house scratching his privates. My mom told him to stop and his response was, "What? My jewels itch!" The other age 5 has a group dedicated to his antics on FB. My favorite has to be when he walked up to his older brother, about 6 foot tall, and said, "Oh giant one, the man needs some tea! Hook me up!"
  • daydreamer3
    October 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Mine like to point out that I have a fat butt. It's okay, I do. lol

• Hadadat
    by Hadadat
    October 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM

We have to keep secrets from DS (who is 7 1/2) because he can't keep anything to himself. He can't shop for gifts with us because he'll share it and he means no harm but he's shared a few surprises. If you want people to find something out indirectly, you can tell my son and he'll do the job for you!

• DallasCowboys81
    October 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    lol my son is the same way he turns 7 in January we had to take him to Urgent Care the other day and he looked at the doctor thank you very much sexy lady.. both me and DH went red it was quite funny
  • DallasCowboys81
    October 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    mine called me me fat mama, hurt sometimes but he's only a little kid he doesn't understand

Quoting daydreamer3:

• daydreamer3
    October 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Kids have zero filter and that kind of sucks sometimes. 

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

mine called me me fat mama, hurt sometimes but he's only a little kid he doesn't understand

Quoting daydreamer3:

• DallasCowboys81
    October 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    yep but it made me realize if he sees me that way I'm guaranteeing that everyone sees me that way now I'm bound and determine to lose weight

Quoting daydreamer3:

Kids have zero filter and that kind of sucks sometimes. 

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Quoting daydreamer3:

• Osstie
    by Osstie
    October 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

When I was pregnant with my youngest, my nephew asked my mother in law if she had a baby in her belly too (she is overweight) :( I felt terrible.

• daydreamer3
    October 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM

My motivation is a bridesmaid dress that's a bit too snug right now. lol

Good luck to you! 

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

yep but it made me realize if he sees me that way I'm guaranteeing that everyone sees me that way now I'm bound and determine to lose weight

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN