indianamom1985
CONFUSION at the OB appointment!
October 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I'm suppose to be 26 wks along with my little lady, and well I went in for a OB appointment today and the midwife measured me and I measured 30 wks and we've had this issue before with me measuring 2-3 wks farther along... So she had me get an Ultrasound to check how far along I was... The baby measures at 26 wks But the Midwife knows I have small babies, So the Midwifes measurment is 30 wks and my OB has kept me at 26 wks! So a independent nurse told me to keep both in mind!! THATS A WHOLE MONTHS difference!!! lol IDK who's to go with at this point so I'm confused!!! Which do u all think I should go with or should I just split the difference and go with 28 wks? LOL My DD looks great and everything looks fine and is there another way I can see how developed she is or is 4 wks too close to tell any difference!?

Replies

• Tatertot912
    October 24, 2013 at 12:39 AM
    I always measured bigger too and my baby measured bigger too but he was perfect. I knew my lmp and was pretty sure of the date we conceived so I didn't worry too much. unless you have to have ac section, the best thing to do is wait for labor to happen on its own :-)
  • indianamom1985
    October 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Yeah I have to have a c-section so I'm gonna go with my OB on this because he will be the one to deliver her! LOL

Quoting Tatertot912:

I always measured bigger too and my baby measured bigger too but he was perfect. I knew my lmp and was pretty sure of the date we conceived so I didn't worry too much. unless you have to have ac section, the best thing to do is wait for labor to happen on its own :-)

• Tatertot912
    October 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    You probably won't get a choice in the matter then lol

Quoting indianamom1985:

Yeah I have to have a c-section so I'm gonna go with my OB on this because he will be the one to deliver her! LOL

Quoting Tatertot912:

• indianamom1985
    October 24, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Yeah thats what I figure! LOL

Quoting Tatertot912:

You probably won't get a choice in the matter then lol

Quoting indianamom1985:

Quoting Tatertot912:

• mysticatgal
    October 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    I measured 6 weeks ahead at one point, that measurement doesn't mean too much other than another check for if something is wrong. Go with the first given due date
  • megrh
    by megrh
    October 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I went 9 days past my due date and 3 different docs/midwives had estimated my son to be 7-8 lbs, he came out 5lb 9oz.... The midwife even told me that her estimate was just that and they weren't always very acurate. 

• nikhola
    by nikhola
    October 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    Personally, my babies were always big, and I carried a lot of water, so I always measured farther along than what I actually was (37 weeks I was measuring well into the 40's) but my dr. always went with what the original growth ultrasound determined. Good luck this kind of confusion is never fun.
  • aidensmomma508
    October 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I would just be like either could be right you'll see when you have the baby

• Phylis419
    October 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM

hi and congratulations ... please keep in mind that an ultrasound and measuring is not always an accurate 100%. these come close to what is a supposed date. I would stay with date your obgyn gave you. Should you give birth a bit before or a bit after - no worries. As long as you are doing everything correct you will be fine. Enjoy your pregnancy. btw: I've worked in an OB/GYN office for many years the reason I stated what I stated. :-D

• katiebug840204
    October 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    Your first ultrasound due date is the most accurate date you will get. I'd stick with the 26 weeks. This baby could be laying a weird way causing u to measure bigger, u could be carrying more fluid too. There's now telling.