The CafeMom Newcomers Club

evaleesmom
christmas day traditions...
October 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
What do you and your family do for Christmas? We usually spend Christmas eve with my extended family for dinner/gift giving etc. This year I have to work He 24th fand 26 so I we won't be able to make the drive back home :( so what should be do at home just my little family?

Replies

• mommytycon
    October 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    Christmas eve we spend with my dh's family. My mom comes with us. Christmas morning kids get up open presents. My mom lives with us so she gets to be here unless she has to work. After presents we go to my mil's for breakfast. I look forward to this every year. Them we come home clean up the mess from presents. Kids play and then we have dinner at dinner time cause we are usually full from breakfast
  • Avarah
    by Avarah
    October 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    Chinese food and a movie!
  • lenashark
    October 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Christmas Eve we go to three different parties, two are hosted by family and one is hosted by a family friend, there's food at each party, then we go to midnight mass. Christmas morning we have breakfast casserole (layers of eggs, fresh ground sausage, five kinds of cheese, and hash browns, we only have it on Christmas) and then we open gifts. Then we go to Church again and after Church, we go to my parents house, they live in the same town we do, and have family lunch with my whole extended family, my family gives the kids their gifts. After that we go to the homeless shelter and volunteer with giving gifts to kids and making Christmas dinner for them. After that, we head home and have Christmas dinner with my mother in law and my husbands cousin. After that the kids pass out, my son is six and my daughter is a baby, so its a busy day for them, and my cousin will come over and we will all hang out and watch movies together.

• MaineMammax2
    October 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    It makes me all warm and fuzzy to think about Christmas!!!!! We get up early ( of course) and do presents then a super duper breakfast. My girls watch movies and play then we go to lunch at my sil's and gift exchange with my husbands side of the family. Leading up to Christmas we actually have several family gatherings so we can celebrate with everyone! All of December is our Christmas celebration:)
  • fudgybuddymom
    October 20, 2013 at 5:19 PM

We usually go to a friends house for dinner but if we aren't invited to stay over night Christmas Eve at this friend's house,we just wake up early,Molly & I & open presents.

• NDADanceMom
    October 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

prime rib. yum

• calsmom62
    October 20, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    we stay home as we dont have family here. prime rib or turkey dinner christmas eve and then kids wake up christmas morning to open their stockings. then everyone has a bite of breakfast and we open gifts. then the kids are off to play outside with friends if the weather permits( sledding etc). Christmas dinner is leftovers.
  • Fields456
    October 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    The only thing that is a set thing for Christmas is we do Christmas morning at breakfast at home with the kids. Everything else hanged from year to year
  • DallasCowboys81
    October 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    since we moved away from our families, we make Christmas eve family night and play games. christmas day open gifts have a big lunch and the kids play with new toys. its so hard being away from family and friends during the holidays i hate it.
  • luvnature
    October 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM

always quiet with us since we do not have any relatives living near us, so it's always the 4 of us. Christmas eve, we all open one of our stockings and one gift each plus one family gift (usually a movie). after that we just sit around and watch christmas movies until we go to bed around midnight. I also call my mom on christmas eve every year. christmas day, I put the turkey in the oven first thing in the morning, make my snacks for the day and wait for everyone to wake up lol (which is usually around noon), then we open our gifts and watch more christmas movies until dinner time. after that, it is quiet until new year's eve when we usually go out for a nice family dinner to celebrate the 3 birthdays that are around the holidays (dh early dec, mine end of dec and ds early jan.). we ring in the new year at home. 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN