The CafeMom Newcomers Club

mckenize
Is my Due Date a week off ?
September 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Well yesterday I had my First prenatal appointment and I had an internal ultrasound. The Mid wife who checked me had written down that my Due Date was May 7th 2014. Then she measures the Baby and tells me my Due Date is May 14th 2014. How does that. My last period was July 31st 2013 and that puts me at 8 weeks and one day. She also told me that I'm 7 weeks and now 2days. I'm rally confused. My periods are always 30-35 days and maybe that's how she estimated my Due Date. Thank you so Much you Ladies are always a Big Help and encouragement. Mckenize

Replies

• NDADanceMom
    September 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Honestly it doesnt matter.  Due date is a guess and it can go 2 weeks either way.  I had my due date moved up a week based on an early ultrasound, didnt match up with my LMP.  Either one could be correct.  

• risa_xc
    by risa_xc
    September 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    Thats exactly what happend to me this pregnancy im due march 9th but with my last period I should be due a week earlier. From my understanding I could have ovulated later or im not sure. Lol
  • TableforSeven
    September 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Due dates are estimated by your last period.  But early ultrasounds are more accurate for getting a realistic picture of how far along baby has developed.  Most of the time - a doctor won't change your due date unless it is a full 2 weeks off from the estimated date.  

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    September 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM

the first date was an estimate based on  the date of the last period... the new date is based on the size and developement of the baby so it is likekly to be more accurate... though babies come when they want to plus or minus 2 weeks of your due date so it doesn't make to much difference

• jobberwocky
    September 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    This.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Honestly it doesnt matter.  Due date is a guess and it can go 2 weeks either way.  I had my due date moved up a week based on an early ultrasound, didnt match up with my LMP.  Either one could be correct.  

• RADmomma
    September 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM

its just a rough estimate anyways... baby will come when baby is ready either way.

• AvengedMommy101
    September 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM

No clue, but FYI, not everyone is so peachy on here.

• goddiddlyumshis
    September 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    Eh, I was due may 7,2013 and had went into labor may 17th, and he was born may 18th.

All it is- is a guesstimate.
    It's not accurate unless you know exactly when you got pregnant
  • Mittenmommie
    September 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    My due date changed by 9 days, it happens. And early ultrasounds are usually pretty accurate. But they come when they want anyways.
    Good luck

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts