The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Favourofgod
Step Kids Birthdays
September 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Is it ok to feel left out when as a stepmom you are not involved by your
husband when his daughters BDay come around?

Replies

• sburger315
    September 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I am not a stepmom but I would say yes. If you are not involved then, yes it is okay to feel left out. It is your stepchild after all.

Tell your husband how you feel and that you want to help. 

• NDADanceMom
    September 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    Depends on the relationship and the desire of the child. If you are new to the family and the kids are older they may want a day with dad without you.
  • bamababe1975
    September 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

How old is the daughter? How long have you been married? Did he and she go do something alone together, or with others?

Join us in Stepmom Central

• KellyFlavis
    September 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Depends on the relationship and the desire of the child. If you are new to the family and the kids are older they may want a day with dad without you.

The kids may not be comfortable, thats the reason why your husband did not include you.

• DLMsMommy
    September 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    I agree that it depends on the kids ages and your relationship with them. Personally I would feel very left out and probably be a bit upset. I would talk to DH about it though.
  • Momofmenagerie
    September 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    It's "okay" to feel anything you feel, but I sure as hell wouldn't brood over something you can fix! Girls day out! No boys allowed. And another cake the next time she comes over assuming DH doesn't have custody.
  • Nickie76
    September 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    I wouldn't tolerate it, and my husband would not go to anything I'm excluded from. We do our own things for my step kids birthdays.
  • mila20
    by mila20
    September 22, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    I am a stepmom but I am very involved in the step children lives...

Quoting Favourofgod:

Is it ok to feel left out when as a stepmom you are not involved by your

husband when his daughters BDay come around?

• Wicked.Jester
    September 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM

You wouldnt tolerate it huh?

Even if its what the child wanted?

I guess their birthdays are all about you.

Quoting Nickie76:

I wouldn't tolerate it, and my husband would not go to anything I'm excluded from. We do our own things for my step kids birthdays.

• ScrChk23
    September 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I know I felt a little left out when my SS turned one.  But we have had several birthdays since then.  We have a family gathering for the kids' birthdays.  

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts