The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Alwaysmotivated
Is it Easier to Forgive or Forget..
September 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Ladies,

I saw this question today and up until now I can't decide right at this moment on an answer..  What about you?

Replies

• CampClan
    September 19, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I had this discussion in my Sunday school class months ago. We all (being several divorced people & a few married people) came to the agreement that we need to forgive like the Bible says (it actually tells us to forgive a person 70 times 7). BUT that does not mean we have to forget. Nor do we have to continue to place ourselves in the same situation over & over again & therefore having to forgive over & over again.

I was cheated on- twice. The 1st time I forgave my H & tried to work things out. He cheated on me yet again & again I forgave him & tried to work it out. Eventually I realized it wasn't working. This is when I forgave him again & divorced him. I would rather remove myself from the situation than to have to keep forgiving him for something I could essentially control on my part.

It's like the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

• DallasCowboys81
    September 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    Neither for me, unfortunately, I hold a gruge but when you have been burned as many times as me, you would understand eht. I try to forgive i really do but there are certain things I can do neither...
  • Lovemyshadows
    September 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I don't think you can forget but you can forgive.

• Zirallan
    September 20, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Forgive.

Forgetting just sets you up to be hurt in the same way over and over again.

• Okie-chick
    September 20, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    Neither
  • cklamour
    September 20, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    Forgive. Once something is put in my memory, there is no undoing. It's hard to forgive, but much easier to find peace with.
  • bamababe1975
    September 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM

For me, it's much easier to forgive. I never do forget, but I can forgive and try to push it to the back of my mind.

• justahousewife
    September 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Forgiving is not so hard, forgetting seems to only happen when it comes to little things (grocery list, chore list, keys, wallet, etc.). lol

• monkeymommy1
    September 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM

it's easier to forgive... harder to forget.

• Kathy489
    September 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Forgiving is tricky, and it has different meanings for different people. But don't ever forget, as some others have said, because it only sets you up to be hurt again. Always remember and be on the lookout.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN