ashdawn91
need help
September 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Hey everyone I have a question I hope someone can help me my sister will be 28 weeks pregnant on tuesday and over the weekend she messes up and relased and done a couple pain pills and smoked a little weed and now she is very scared that when the baby is born he is going to test positive for these things I just wanted to no if anyone could tell me if she stays clean for the rest of her pregancy will her and the baby tset negative I hope someone can help me thank u all very much

Replies

• Imjustinsmommy
    September 12, 2013 at 4:55 PM

id  dont think they  check for that . but more importantly how did she not realize? she messed up as in  she did that on purpose. id be more concern with her lack of ability to control her drug use  then if she gets caught.  I hope it scared her straight.  i hope the baby is ok.. & i hope it really was that one mess up.  its not IF she stays clean she HAS to. there's a baby  HER baby & your neice  or nephew is in there.. growing..  please PLEASE make sure that  poor baby is being cared for.. she is alrady a mommy its time to grow up.

• ashdawn91
    September 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    She made a mistake and she knows that and she is a great mother already and the baby is fine she is just worried that the baby will have it in his system but she has not done any since and does not plan on doing any more
  • susannah2000
    September 12, 2013 at 5:03 PM

It's not you that needs help, it's your stupid sister. Never mind being "checked," anything she takes can effect the baby. She needs to stop thinking of herself and think of the baby.

• ashdawn91
    September 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    U don't no her and none of yall have right to judge her she is a great mother and yall act like yall r perfect well guess what stupid ppl I'm sure yall have made mistakes to so if yall r going to judge then don't even read what I put thank u very much
  • susannah2000
    September 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I don't need to know her to know a pregnant woman should not be taking pain pills and smoking weed. That is not being a "great mother." If you don't want people's opinions, why did you post? Were you expecting applause?

• ashdawn91
    September 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    All u do is judge ppl well guess what fuck u and don't say anything else cause u r a sorry person who acts like u have never made a mistake so fuck u u stupid bitch
  • mom_dl6
    by mom_dl6
    September 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM

WOW really you don't want peoples opinions on the matter but want help/advice....That's Rich !

Not everyone is gonna tell you what you want to hear this is Cafemom afterall DUH DUR and you should also stop with the name calling please that was soooo NOT called for !

• key2ynot
    September 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

there's a big difference bw havinga  few drinks or something before you know you are pregnant and popping pills and weed when you are almost in your third trimester.

How do you just make a mistake with that?  Did she wake up and just ' forget' she was pregnant?  Give us a break - she made a conscious decision to do something risky that might affect her unborn child and now she' sounds more like she is worried about a test being positive (and her getting in trouble) than any damage it might have done to the baby.

Sorry, but in my book, that is NOT something a great mom does.  A great mom wouldn't have put herself in this position in the first place

• mommie_x0x
    September 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    well I would say I don't think it would be in either systems when she has the baby as long as she doesn't do it anymore.

You really need to help her or get her some help that shit isn't cool. If she relapsed while pregnant what do you think will happen after she has the baby and possibly gets put on meds after birth. Tell her to get herself in counseling now.
  • frndlyfn
    September 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

it should not affect the baby if it is a one time deal but she needs to let her doctor know of the slip up so they can make sure it will not happen again.  Very few people "plan"on making these kinds of mistakes especially while pregnant.  There must have been a trigger point for her to use drugs.