The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
tangerine_dream
I'm sure this will cause some backlash... Marijuana Vs. Cigarettes?
September 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM

So while I was watching the news the other day and the topic of legalization of Marijuana came up.  I started to think about it and I honestly want to know WHO decided to make it illegal.  I mean tobacco is grown practically the same way, and they add MORE chemicals to that (we all know this).  As far as the "high" effect of Marijuana, I know from time to time if I smoke a cigarette I get light headed and a feeling I can only describe as a "nicotine high".  

I guess I'm confused on how someone randomly just decided this was something that needed to be outlawed, yet we sell packs of 20 sticks of cancer for under $10 a box that have no proven health benefits and I'm not sure they have ever been illegal (I could be wrong)!  Just random things that I think about.  Not looking to be bashed either.  

Replies

• Bookoholic
    September 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    Its legal here now, well as far as it is so far any ways. I am in Washington. I don't even worry about the MJ in my purse, hell half the time I totally forget about it.
  • DACIA79
    by DACIA79
    September 12, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    I'm against both so I can't help
  • tangerine_dream
    September 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I'm so glad it is!  It helps so many people and I hope its passed for recreational use too I'd prefer people be under the influence of that over alcohol any day! 

Quoting Bookoholic:

Its legal here now, well as far as it is so far any ways. I am in Washington. I don't even worry about the MJ in my purse, hell half the time I totally forget about it.

• tangerine_dream
    September 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

And that's your right :) 

Quoting DACIA79:

I'm against both so I can't help

• Lili4You
    September 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    It was made illegal because of the war of cotton vs. hemp. The cotton growers didn't want to compete with hemp. Honestly id rather mj be legal over cigarettes just because there are actually health benefits for some people (cancer patients) where as cigarettes make people sicker.
  • Retrokitty
    September 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    It was illegal for stupid reasons like alcohol. There is no reason for it to be illegal.
  • tangerine_dream
    September 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Thank you!  I didn't know that :) I was trying to wrap my head around it.  Should've known it was for something like that.  

Quoting Lili4You:

It was made illegal because of the war of cotton vs. hemp. The cotton growers didn't want to compete with hemp. Honestly id rather mj be legal over cigarettes just because there are actually health benefits for some people (cancer patients) where as cigarettes make people sicker.

• tangerine_dream
    September 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Of course alcohol is legal though lol.  Whoever made that decision wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. 

Quoting Retrokitty:

It was illegal for stupid reasons like alcohol. There is no reason for it to be illegal.

• Bookoholic
    September 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    My brother has done MJ and cigarettes for years and between us id prefer if he did cigarettes till Washington legalized MJ. Now I don't care, why because the cops wont do nothing. They come in see we have some MJ and walk right back out. Before it was legalized I worried the cops/cps would come in and take Ds. Now I don't worry so much, and I know we are safe. My brother did have a medical card but you hear about power tripping happy cps workers and freak out.

Anyways here you cant be in more then an ounce of possession of it and can't smoke it in public except with okayed events like hempfest.

Quoting tangerine_dream:

I'm so glad it is!  It helps so many people and I hope its passed for recreational use too I'd prefer people be under the influence of that over alcohol any day! 

Quoting Bookoholic:

• Retrokitty
    September 12, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    No I mean when alcohol was illegal. They were made illegal for similar reasons. Also one of the biggest reasons they haven't been made legal is because big pharma, alcohol and cigarette companies. Those are the companies that will lose money when weed becomes legal.

Quoting tangerine_dream:

Of course alcohol is legal though lol.  Whoever made that decision wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. 

Quoting Retrokitty:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN