The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SerenityRose
It's so irritating. Needed to vent to someone!
September 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I run a small in home daycare. This one parent just gets to me sometimes, especially today for some reason. Her almost three year old comes to me full time 5 days a week. Mom works 4 days through the week and every other weekend. Child goes with dad on the weekends mom has off and child stays with older siblings when mom works on the opposite weekends. Child is always here on the one day during the week she has off. I don't know her story and try my hardest not to judge... but really? You see your child from 5:30pm until bedtime and that's it! I would want to spend every day I had off with my kiddos!

Replies

• Buggy979
    September 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    I have never understood parents who do that. If you don't want to spend time with your kids you shouldn't have had them. .
  • sunpeaches1
    September 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    When I quit working i kept my youngest in daycare all day because I went to school 2 days a week & used the other days for my studies & errands. I left him there till 4 tho I picked up my oldest at 2:30 because I used the 1 on 1 time w oldest for his homework & studies. (He's adhd & works best 1 on 1 to help keep him on task). But I had my kids all weekend every weekend & tried to make the best of my time w them...
  • KikiKia
    by KikiKia
    September 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM

She is a single Mom and she might want some "me" time. 

I have my kids go to daycare on my days off usually just so I can catch up on some chores but I pick them up early, I dont leave them there all day.

• Liudmyla
    September 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Why do you care? You get paid for the kid right?

• sheramom4
    September 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Maybe she is taking a class or in therapy or in AA or has a medical issue. There could be lots of reasons why. When my kids were in daycare I got off work at three every day but didn't pick them up until five or six because I was also in school and used that time to study and twice a week to work out. I was taking all of my classes on line and got as inch done as possible during daycare hours so I could have the evenings for them.

• Jonmadsmama
    September 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    Don't get it, I'm lucky to be able to work from home( only two days) since my hub has a great job. And i love having my babies all the time! I will be one sad mama when they start school. I do occasionally let them stay with their gram to have some alone time or a date night, but i think of them every second
  • okiemamaCyndi
    September 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I have done this also.  It's rare I have a day off, but when I do I go ahead and take my youngest to his summer day camp (he loves it) so I can get extra errands and chores done.  Also, never get to lunch with the girls so like to do that if I can also.

Fun to surprise him & pick him up early though :)

Quoting KikiKia:

I have my kids go to daycare on my days off usually just so I can catch up on some chores but I pick them up early, I dont leave them there all day.

• SerenityRose
    September 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Yes, she is a single mom. "Mom" being the key word! If she needs more "me" time than time with her child maybe she should be checking her priorities?? Just my opinion though! The sad part is the kiddo is such a sweet little thing!

Quoting KikiKia:

• lovinmykiddo07
    September 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    I want to answer this from another provider's point of view. We care because we love the children in our care, we think they should get quality time with their parents. When a child is at daycare ALL THE TIME you can tell. They seem to behave differently than the children that are there just a few hours during the day. I've never understood it. If it not at work, my child isn't at daycare. unless I have an appointment that he cannot go to.

Quoting Liudmyla:

• SerenityRose
    September 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    Couldn't have said it better.

Why do I care, because I care about the kids I watch/teach.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I want to answer this from another provider's point of view. We care because we love the children in our care, we think they should get quality time with their parents. When a child is at daycare ALL THE TIME you can tell. They seem to behave differently than the children that are there just a few hours during the day. I've never understood it. If it not at work, my child isn't at daycare. unless I have an appointment that he cannot go to.

Quoting Liudmyla:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts