Jenks10
Need advice
by Jenks10
September 8, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Has anyone experienced grandma playing favesfaves

Replies

• MixedCooke
    September 9, 2013 at 3:53 AM

A little because my Mom had more of a bond with our youngest when she was a baby and because she looks almost exactly like me when I was a baby. 

• frndlyfn
    September 9, 2013 at 3:56 AM

yes and i grew up with it.   I was the low man on totem pole.  It has affected me into adulthood.  My dd is blissfully unaware of it thankfully.  

• sam143248
    September 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM

oh I did ..I am my grandma's favorite,it was pretty obvious and everyone in the family know that. :) And now that I have my own kids it's kind a weird but I don't like the feeling anymore my kids are all in favor with their grandma all time.

• sahmw2010
    September 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    My mom favors my kids over my brothers, and my daughter over all of them. We also lived with my mom for the first 5years of dd life so they have a bond that she doesnt have with the others. And she has told me repeatedly that she tries not to play favorites, but it easier to take my kid out because they listen and she can buy for them because i only have 3.
  • bamababe1975
    September 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Yes, from both sets of grandparents, actually. With my inlaws, they favored (and fil still does favor now that mil is deceased) their grandson by my sil because he's "the boy" and pretty much ignore my girls. Fil's even willed his convertible to the grandson but nothing to the granddaughters, and it's all because he's "the boy," leaving my daughters, who are older and younger than nephew to resent nephew and their grandparents for the treatment. On my side, my parents favor whoever's the baby in the grandkids. Once they're 4 or so, they could really care less what's going on with them.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts