The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
BoxxyBabee
My new "lifestyle" isn't working out very well for me.
September 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I started making shakes. 50% vegetables, 50% fruit. I also add in almonds or flax seeds. The liquid I use is 50% water and 50% apple juice (no sugar added) because It's really hard to drink if it's just water.. sometimes my shakes taste rancid. So anyways, I drink 1-2 shakes a day. I think they're like 12oz each. So anyways, since I've started doing these shakes.. I've had the most awful gas. HUGE HUGE farts that smell HORRIBLE. I can't even hold them in. And I SO do not want to fart at school. Any tips?

Replies

• jconney80
    September 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Hmm I'm not sure. It must be the fiber causing gas!

• alexis_06
    September 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM

maybe less fruit, more veggies??

• catrig
    by catrig
    September 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    Beano? Maybe.
  • KatherineM
    September 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Beano

• frndlyfn
    September 8, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Hmm I would search for shakes that taste good and still healthy.  I prefer smoothies though.  Fruit juice, frozen or fresh fruit and yogurt.  No water or ice involved.  I havent tried adding veggies to them yet.

• Mamamanic
    September 8, 2013 at 4:01 AM

A lady at work went on a 30 day juice cleanse and it takes some dedication that is for sure. She was interested in the body healing itself when it is not bogged down by digestion which wastes a lot of your bodies energy. That is real extreme, but know several ladies that do the shakes in the morning and then a salad lunch.

• autodidact
    September 8, 2013 at 5:03 AM

try beano? 

apple juice by itself is high in sugar. and maybe try following recipes for a more tasty, yet still healthy, blend.  

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN