NDADanceMom
Smokers need not apply!
September 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

want to work for Flagler County Florida?  Dont bother applying if you smoke.  You will be given a blood test as part of the application process and have to sign an affidavit that you wont start!  Random testing will occur as well!

How do you feel about this?  Im not a smoker and i hate the smell but it seems a bit crazy!

Replies

• DACIA79
    by DACIA79
    September 7, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    Seems fair to me I hate smoking
  • coolmommy2x
    September 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    It's fine with me.
  • danijean
    September 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    There is a place here that won't let you smoke while working. Like even in your lunch break if you stink they fire yOu on the spot.
  • omm76002
    September 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    Is there a reason they hate smokers? I smoke and it is legal i don't understand how they do this!!
  • fatcat0908
    September 7, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    Hospitals here are starting to adopt no smoking laws as well.
  • frndlyfn
    September 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I am fine with it.  Of course i do not smoke.  DD will tell people who are standing too close to business with lit cigarettes they are breaking the law (25 ft away from buildings) and that smoking is gross.

• Amybelle
    September 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Sounds good to me.....many smokers are in denial about how badly they stink.

• Tea4Tas
    by Tea4Tas
    September 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Perfectly legal. Many places do this for their police officers and firemen. They pay for the medical insurance and their workers comp insurance is cheaper if they have non smokers in high stress posistions.

One town in the Northeast did it after their police chief-a smoker- had a series of heart attacks that cost the town over 2 million collars in medical expenses and pension.

• AjCeCeMom
    September 7, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    I think its fine, our local hospital has a rule like that too. The company I work for gives a huge discount for non smokers also, its great!
  • jakesmom323
    September 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Sounds fair. Its a legalized drug that says it will kill you on the side of box. Its only gross unless I do it 4 -5 times a year with some wine and girlfriends;)