The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Jadesmommy13
Bad grandpa
September 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I can't stand my father in law! My husband has a son from a pervious relationship, and my father in law only spends time with him. My husband and I have 2 daughters and his sister also has a daughter. My father in law only spends time with my husbands son, he takes him golfing, lunch and movies, he even has him stay the weekend. But he has never done that with ANY of his granddaughters. It pisses me off! It's not their fault they were born girls! He's not the kind of guy you can talk to either. My husband thinks I'm saying his dad doesn't love his granddaughters.... I'm not saying that at all, I just think its bs that he doesn't spend anytime with them.

Replies

• babygirlsmom314
    September 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM

My guess is that he doesn't know what to do with girls.  Is your step son the oldest of the grandkids?  How old are the girls?

• Jadesmommy13
    September 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    My step son is 15. The girls are 6 months( I understand not doing things with her ;) ) 11, and 13. He could take them to lunch or a movie. And he has always spent time with the boy, even when he was a baby.

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

My guess is that he doesn't know what to do with girls.  Is your step son the oldest of the grandkids?  How old are the girls?

• Mommyof2ninos
    September 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    Yes that definitely hard. I have similar situations. Where my inlaw spends more quality time with her other grandkids a whole lot more than mind. We ask her to babysit for an hour maybe two at a time and find her at the same spot everytime. My kids dont really like when that particular granny babysits. :(
  • babygirlsmom314
    September 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I was thinking the girls were really young.  I don't know then.  I wish I could help.

Quoting Jadesmommy13:

My step son is 15. The girls are 6 months( I understand not doing things with her ;) ) 11, and 13. He could take them to lunch or a movie. And he has always spent time with the boy, even when he was a baby.

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

• Jadesmommy13
    September 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    My step son was staying the night at his house and it had been a while since my oldest (11) had seen her brother and we asked if she could stay the night and he said no, only one grand kid at a time.... But they have all 3 of his wife's grandchildren stay the night. I was super close with my grandpa, he just past away this June. I just want that for my daughter. My dad lives in Florida, but when he comes to town he takes my oldest shopping and out to eat.
  • shivasgirl
    September 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM

maybe he just relates to the boy better? He is from a generation that didnt really have men with hands on parenting with kids anyway, so maybe he just feels more comfortable with the boy

• Jadesmommy13
    September 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    True. It's his loss. He will never know how great they really are.

Quoting shivasgirl:

maybe he just relates to the boy better? He is from a generation that didnt really have men with hands on parenting with kids anyway, so maybe he just feels more comfortable with the boy

• shivasgirl
    September 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM

he probably does know how great they are...he just doesnt know what to do with them, lol... Grandparents day is coming up, why dont the girls surprise him with a movie and lunch?

Quoting Jadesmommy13:

Quoting shivasgirl:

• calsmom62
    September 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    good idea

Quoting shivasgirl:

he probably does know how great they are...he just doesnt know what to do with them, lol... Grandparents day is coming up, why dont the girls surprise him with a movie and lunch?

Quoting Jadesmommy13:

Quoting shivasgirl:

• gerMom
    by gerMom
    September 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Dear,dont worry about it.   Your daughters wont feel close to their grandpa for what he's doing now. Someday in the future, I'm sure that your father-inlaw will realize he misses 2 great grand-daughters, and regrets for what he's doing now and feels failful.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN