kellysp6637
Look what I made!..UPDATED with the letters hung in her room.
August 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM

So I recently re decorated my fourth grade daughter's room.  The colors are lavendar and zebra.....but her wall was looking pretty bare, so I've been searching what I could put on it so it wouldn't look so naked......she had a close friend over today and I usually try to have a craft prepared.  It finally came to me....Her name in those decorated letters for the wall.  I checked on line and they can be pretty pricey so I thought it would be a fun craft for the girls to do.  They each decorated their wall letters and they are finally done.  Here is my daughter's.....this is her nickname (Liv) her real name is Olivia.  I had to help somewhat, but I thought they came out really nice and sure beats the cost of them elsewhere.

Sorry about the glare.  We'll be hanging them up on her wall tomorrow.  She is super excited.

Replies

• susannah2000
    September 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Looks awesome!

• MyStarLight
    September 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    Very cute!!!
  • MommyOK
    by MommyOK
    September 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM

really cute!

• RedHeadTemper
    September 1, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    That's super cute. I would like to do something like that for my DD
  • taKENheart
    September 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Aww that looks great!

• letstalk747
    Joy
    September 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM

cute

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    September 1, 2013 at 3:02 AM

cool

• kellysp6637
    September 1, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Thanks ladies....we had a great time doing them....and they came out beautiful in person.  They were super easy to do, just time consuming waiting for the craft paint and then mod podge to dry.  I got the idea off of You Tube.  really simple craft for young tweens to do!  Plus pretty cheap....I think it cost me about $40 (for both girls' names) for all the supplies (paint, letters, modge podge, letters, scrap book paper plus the cute additional wooden accessories).  We got the sparkle modge podge so they really glitter in person.

• momofsixangels
    September 1, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Great job!

• lizard3731
    September 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

They're very nice.  Your dd should be proud.