The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
lesalmi
C-section advice
by lesalmi
August 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM
So for you moms who have had a c-section what advice can you offer to prepare. I'm only 21 weeks so I have a while yet but we are scheduling mine at the next appointment. I had a vaginal delivery with dd, but had a HORRIBLE post partum hmmorage that almost killed me so they want to do a cesarian this time, and its kinda making me nervous. On the bright side they will tie my tubes at the same time

Replies

• Loveofmylife07
    August 30, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    I have had two they are not that bad at all I was walking in the hospital not that long after
  • lesalmi
    by lesalmi
    August 30, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    any advise on how to prepare?

Quoting Loveofmylife07:

I have had two they are not that bad at all I was walking in the hospital not that long after

• Emmasmommy52212
    August 30, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    I had 1. The recovery for it was easier than the recovery for gallbladder removal, and that was only 4 tiny incisions. Im sure u will do great.
  • hopeym23
    August 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I have had 3.  Mine got worse each time.  They make you get up and walk as soon as possible.  I will be honest...it hurts!  My best advise is don't be afraid to take the pain meds as often as you can.  With my 2nd I made the mistake of trying to tough it out or sometimes I was due for more pain meds but didn't feel I needed them at the time so I waited.  All mistakes.  My last one was 9 months ago and they had to pump my so full of morphine in the recovery room that they said they couldn't give me any more.  It was horrendous.  BUT!  I think that was due to the horrible doctor I had.  

Don't be too nervous.  Just try to relax and enjoy as much of it as you can.  The pain is not forever but that baby is and that is all that matters.  Good luck!

• bananasaurusrex
    August 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Get up and move as soon as you can.

• lexy0217
    August 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    I agree with the pain medicine! Keep on top of it, for the most part the nurses will be on time. Do not hesitate to call them if they are not. You do not want it wearing off then have to wait for the new to kick in. Also make sure to drink plenty of water after to be sure you go to the bathroom after the cath is out. Just try not to be too nervous and know your limits. Best of luck!
    Quoting hopeym23:

I have had 3.  Mine got worse each time.  They make you get up and walk as soon as possible.  I will be honest...it hurts!  My best advise is don't be afraid to take the pain meds as often as you can.  With my 2nd I made the mistake of trying to tough it out or sometimes I was due for more pain meds but didn't feel I needed them at the time so I waited.  All mistakes.  My last one was 9 months ago and they had to pump my so full of morphine in the recovery room that they said they couldn't give me any more.  It was horrendous.  BUT!  I think that was due to the horrible doctor I had.  

Don't be too nervous.  Just try to relax and enjoy as much of it as you can.  The pain is not forever but that baby is and that is all that matters.  Good luck!

• goddiddlyumshis
    August 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM
    I had two emergencies. Get up as soon as they'll allow you to. Hug a pillow when you need to cough, sneeze, or laugh.
    With my second baby (first csection) I didn't need pain meds or gas relief.

My third(second csection) didn't need pain meds... But OMG the gas pain was AWFUL. Take it even if you don't think you'll need it.
    It hit me at 130am and I finally caved at like 4am and asked for it :/
  • Corsette1008
    August 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    Hello! Just let it happen, be sure to take your iron suoplenent, and let the doctor do the rest :) I had an induced vaginal delivery with my daughter (she's 8 now), 23 hours of hard labor which ended in a c-section with my son who is two now, and a planned c-section with my youngest son (he's almost 10 months old).... I hemorrhaged pretty bad with my daughter, even worse with my first son (I almost needed a transfusion), but everything went great with my youngest son. I went in on Friday morning and left on Sunday afternoon. Good luck!!!
  • lizard3731
    August 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I had 3 c-sections.  The 1st was an emergency; the other 2 were planned.  I didn't have any complictions or problems and recovered fairly quickly.  And I don't think the recovery time was any different the last time when I had my tubes ties.  Everything will be fine.  Good luck!

• firefly
    by firefly
    August 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Do not be a martyr to the pain.  If it hurts, take the damn pain medication.  You will not get addicted if you are following the instructions on the label and taking it as prescribed.   

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts