KlaresMommy
Frustrated....Venting!!!!
August 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I am trying to keep my 17 month old on a healthy diet and schedule.....my inlaws are making this hard!!!!!  They constantly give my baby unhealthy food........I have told them my thoughts and reasons, they still continue to do it.  getting close to not leaving my baby there anymmore.  What sucks is, they are my only baby sitters.  

my mil said koolaid is healthy and my sil said..fruit rollups are healthy right????  

AHHHH!!!!!

Replies

• strictmomhere
    August 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    That does suck:(
  • armywifey1983
    August 26, 2013 at 7:21 PM

You could bring her over with her own snacks, and insist that she eat them and not what happens to be in the fridge. *shrugs* I wish I had more constructive advice, sorry. :(

• KlaresMommy
    August 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    I do, she just gives her other stuff!!!! They are just gonna have to be mad at me, cause Im fed up...
  • KITTEN38
    August 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Koolaid has so much sugar OMG!If my 6 yr old drink's It she's going 2 be up & bouncing off the wall's.Tell them u are going 2 stop bringing your baby .they know they have u wrapped because u need them for a sitter.STAND UP 2 THEM JUST AS U ARE & TELL EM!!!!

• lil_mama06
    August 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM

HUGS HUGS HUGS..That sucks..

• jaydensmom1726
    August 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM

they do make healthy fruit roll up like snacks they are called fruit leathers and they are much healthier the the regular ones

• NDADanceMom
    August 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    We love the ones from the stretch island fruit company! Yum

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

they do make healthy fruit roll up like snacks they are called fruit leathers and they are much healthier the the regular ones

• MixedCooke
    August 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM

heck, Im having that issue with my own Mother!  The same one with diabetes is loading my kids up with sweets??!!

• Belovedmoonpixi
    August 27, 2013 at 1:49 AM

My mom used to be like that. I threatened to not bring my kid to her house anymore... Dad made it his work to watch them like a hawk and stop any unhealthy snacking (he was not about to "lose" his grandbaby because of candies and soda! LOL!)

• Belovedmoonpixi
    August 27, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Hmmm... I just remembered. I did buy DD some things that she ONLY had at my parent┬┤s. Those were her super ultra special snacks only available at grandma┬┤s...Mom loved that... might work!