The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
kidlover2
Tubal ligation recovery?
August 23, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I just had the surgery yesterday and even with hydrocodone and 1000mg of ibuprofen in my system, I'm still in severe pain. When I am lying down not moving, I'm slightly uncomfortable and when I stand up and move, I have a burning and stabbing pain in my stomach. Is this normal??

Replies

• sahmw2010
    August 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I had the tubal done on the table during the CS, but what i have learned (more from CS) is to not lay down flat. stay at an angle until you heal, so use pillows. also, wtih walking I used a brace to help hold the belly in, cuz it felt like a pulling otherwise.

• matofour
    August 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    It's probably gas. Can you try and walk around?

I had zero pain after mine, but dr told me the gas pain would be the worst.

Maybe try a heating pad, see if that helps?
    Sorry!! Hope you feel better soon.
  • kidlover2
    August 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    Thanks. I have noticed that walking like a crippled hunchback helps a little. Would placing a pillow against it help? I've never had a c-section.

Quoting sahmw2010:

I had the tubal done on the table during the CS, but what i have learned (more from CS) is to not lay down flat. stay at an angle until you heal, so use pillows. also, wtih walking I used a brace to help hold the belly in, cuz it felt like a pulling otherwise.

• kidlover2
    August 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    I feel that gas pain in my shoulders that they warned about. It just feels sore and achy. The pain I'm experiencing feels like a knife. It's like I can still feel the burning on my tubes. I'm just thoroughly frustrated... I've had an appendectomy and knee surgery so I'm not new to all of this. I can't decide if something is wrong or I'm just being a baby about perfectly normal pain.

Quoting matofour:

It's probably gas. Can you try and walk around?

I had zero pain after mine, but dr told me the gas pain would be the worst.

Maybe try a heating pad, see if that helps?

Sorry!! Hope you feel better soon.
  • sunpeaches1
    August 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    Good luck! Nice of your doc to give you something at all!
    I had emergency litigation on left side for a 13wk ectopic pregnancy threatening rupture. After surgery they loaded me up w morphine & percocet but upon retunrning home its all otc motrin which I take in rx doses. Honestly not even swimming in morphine the 1st day helped the pain so not sure anything would do the trick. Plus if anything did alleviate the pain any better I would probably be up & about (ignoring bedrest order) way more than I should be because I wouldn't feel the pain that keeps me down...

Again good luck! It has to end eventually right?
  • honeybee69
    August 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I had mine done when I had my last c-section. I won't lie it hurt more than the c-section! The doc said I had really big tubes. I just remember telling him that he better tie them really tight! I was awake for the surgery. I used a heating pad when I got home and that helped a little more than just pain meds.

• kidlover2
    August 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    Thanks :) I was looking at testimonials from various sites and they were talking about attending parties and running marathons 24 hours after surgery and wasn't sure if I'm just being a complete pansy about it all.

Quoting honeybee69:

I had mine done when I had my last c-section. I won't lie it hurt more than the c-section! The doc said I had really big tubes. I just remember telling him that he better tie them really tight! I was awake for the surgery. I used a heating pad when I got home and that helped a little more than just pain meds.

• kidlover2
    August 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    Haha! I hope so. The doctor was actually just going to send me home with OTC meds and my husband ( who's a pa) insisted that I get something stronger. Gotta love him :)

Quoting sunpeaches1:

Good luck! Nice of your doc to give you something at all!

I had emergency litigation on left side for a 13wk ectopic pregnancy threatening rupture. After surgery they loaded me up w morphine & percocet but upon retunrning home its all otc motrin which I take in rx doses. Honestly not even swimming in morphine the 1st day helped the pain so not sure anything would do the trick. Plus if anything did alleviate the pain any better I would probably be up & about (ignoring bedrest order) way more than I should be because I wouldn't feel the pain that keeps me down...

Again good luck! It has to end eventually right?
  • SamNStefanMommy
    August 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I had pain after mine, but it was thoroughly knocked out by the vicodin and ibuprofen (as was I LOL). The only time I really had pain was when my meds would wear off (and OH GOD WAS IT SEVERE!) and when I would nurse the baby. It seemed he always managed to get his foot RIGHT on my incision. EVERY DAMN TIME! I remember the doc telling me that I would experience mild cramping after the procedure. Who the hell told him it would be mild? It sure didn't feel mild? LOL Like I said though, mine was tons better when I had meds in my system. Everyone's pain tolerance is different. What was mild for me could be EXCRUCIATING to you. Heck, my bf's aunt just got into a motorcycle accident. Sheered her knee bone in half and had hamburger meat for a shoulder (road rash). 2 surgeries later, she has yet to take one pain pill. Because it just doesn't hurt. I think she's insane, but she just has an insanely high pain tolerance.

• SamNStefanMommy
    August 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I used a pillow when I had my appendectomy and I remember that felt tons better. I didn't try it after my tubal, but I can't see that it would hurt anything to at least try and see if it gives some relief.

Quoting kidlover2:

Thanks. I have noticed that walking like a crippled hunchback helps a little. Would placing a pillow against it help? I've never had a c-section.

Quoting sahmw2010:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN