The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
stephs5isenough
HELP! I Have Ants In My Pants . . . (And Everyrthing Else In My Closet) PIOG
August 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

My husband went to get dressed this morning and discovered ants on his clothes in the closet.  I could ofcourse spray everywhere in there but then we would have to empty out all our clothes to rewash and then put back away.

Does anyone have any remedies that would not involve so much work and also not be harmful or anything like wearing our clothes sprayed with poison?

Replies

• bamababe1975
    August 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM

They're probably coming in for the moisture. You can try sprinkling powder around the baseboards of the closet since powders deter them because it dries out their bodies. Any kind of powder will do, and it doesn't take very much, just a consistent line all around the baseboards on the floor of the closet.

***Check out The Marketplace!***

• ZazaGoszzy
    August 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Are they really tiny brownish ants? If so, they are called pharoah ants, and spraying doesn't help, it just spreads them more because they scatter. You'll have to get the ant bait poison stuff. They will take the poison back to the nests and it will kill off the colony.

• jplumb
    by jplumb
    August 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    We also are going a problem with ants. They are a mixture of fire ants and black ants. We saw some crawling from a power outlet address they got on my bed. We've got them in every room. We heard that cinnamon works but only put it in our cabinets.
  • RADmomma
    August 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    Terro ant traps work well.

Sprinkle borax powder around the house. It works great.

You could also spray with vinegar.
  • calsmom62
    August 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    sprinkle a line of salt around the floor and wall area o the closet. the ants wont cross it. put in ant bait. they carry it back as food to the nest. they are little disks.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts