The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
OHIOmommy330
Movies that should be left alone. pro vs cons of remakes!! fun post
August 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM

There are just certain CLASSIC movies that should never be remade. "CARRIE" is one of those movies that stand the test of time  No matter how hard they try to update was already a perfect film that the original is the best.  This remake literally just gave away the ENTIRE movie, there is no reason to even rent or buy it, lol

So what are your favorite movies?

Replies

• LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    August 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Willie Wonka should have been left alone!!

• poshkat
    by poshkat
    August 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    Gone with the wind shoukd be left alone. It was perfection
  • Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    August 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Remakes should never be allowed, ever. Current screen writers need to come up with their own ORIGINAL stuff.

I won't watch remakes. The Karate Kid (who does kung-fu); Footloose (w/o Kevin Bacon); Willy Wonka (with weirdo Johnny Depp, should have been left alone, like pp said).

• bakerytreatz16
    August 22, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    They should've left footloose alone...
  • SaratheV
    August 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    I didn't see the original Evil Dead. I watched about ten minutes then couldn't stand the bad acting. I love the new one though.
  • avonleafan
    August 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    Wizard of Oz, GWTW, Streetcar Named Desire. Classics like this should be left alone. You cannot top acting like that! But some movies (70's and 80's in particular) are just cheesy! Those remakes, I don't mind. Ex: The original Clash of the Titans made me roll my eyes. But I liked the new one.
  • flower_angel
    August 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM

A Nightmare on elm street should of never been remade. no Robert Englund in the movie then no remake. other classics that should of been left alone would be Gone with the Wind, Carrie, Willy Wonka, Footloose, and The Amityville Horror. I know there are probably a few more remakes that I don't likee but those are the only ones that pop in my head right now.

I think one of the only remakes I really really like would be the mini series Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital which was based off  Lars von Trier's The Kingdom. (and i liked Stephen King's version because it had Kett Turton in it.)

I have read that the movies Gremlins, IT, Leprechaun ,Mortal Kombat, Jumanji, Poltergeist, Short Circuit, and The Crow are suppost to be set to be remade. the first Child's Play is alo being remade but I have read that they are still using Brad Dourif as the voice of chucky. 

• LostTheSlipper
    August 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Quoting flower_angel:

A Nightmare on elm street should of never been remade. no Robert Englund in the movie then no remake. other classics that should of been left alone would be Gone with the Wind, Carrie, Willy Wonka, Footloose, and The Amityville Horror. I know there are probably a few more remakes that I don't likee but those are the only ones that pop in my head right now.

I think one of the only remakes I really really like would be the mini series Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital which was based off  Lars von Trier's The Kingdom. (and i liked Stephen King's version because it had Kett Turton in it.)

I have read that the movies Gremlins, IT, Leprechaun ,Mortal Kombat, Jumanji, Poltergeist, Short Circuit, and The Crow are suppost to be set to be remade. the first Child's Play is alo being remade but I have read that they are still using Brad Dourif as the voice of chucky. 

I liked Jumanji.

• armywifey1983
    August 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I was very nervous when I heard Star Trek was being reinvented. However, I'm now ok with it. Remakes like Carrie, Evil Dead, Planet of the Apes, the Karate Kid, Arthur, Psycho, and Nosferatu should have never been touched.

• ajdahd13
    August 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    That actually looks good.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN