The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Two_Hearts
ok ladies ...this is where the 'ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer' term comes into play..i need your help!
August 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM

i love my aunt ...she is 7 yrs older than me (im 33).

However , she has this really rude habit ...if i am texting someone she will ask WHO i am texting, EVERY TIME..my uncle does the same thing , i find it extremely rude and would never think to ask her this question.

But she is one of those aunts that has the mindset of ' i can ask you anything about your life and you need to tell me, and i can tell you what to do with your life..but don't you dare say anything about mine, because you have no right'

i have tried being polite and said ' oh its nothing important' ...or ' its just a friend' , but she INSISTS on knowing exactly WHO i am talking about .

No ladies i do NOT live with her, but i do live in the same town as her and i just moved here..and her and her family are the only family i have.

AND just to make it clear, no i do NOT answer texts during a conversation that i we are having, i ALWAYS wait until the convo is done ..and half the time i am just sitting on her couch watching a movie while she is reading her book.

Here is the thing , i know that if i come back with a stupid and crazy answer for her ..she WILL get the hint on her own and stop asking me...so here is where i need your help lol.

I was thinking of something along the lines of 'oh its just my pimp, he wants to know if i can be on the corner of such and such tonight ..his girl for that corner totally got knocked up and is having a baby' ...

Anyone have any ideas ?

Replies

• kolbiesmommy
    August 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    Idk when my mom asks I say my drug dealer. She says "haha ok smart ass". And leaves it alone but I know she's really dying on the inside to know who it is lol.
  • Pixiemaid
    August 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    Id tell her its none of her bissiness
  • Anoronlight
    August 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    Haha I would tell her it's Santa and he''s needing to know if his suit will be ready in time, since I'm doing a bunch of repair work from last years Christmas trip. Lol
  • MammaPK
    by MammaPK
    August 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Lol!!!  I am thinking what you are thinking! Good times...lol.

Food for thought:

Sometimes, it might not hurt to mention who is texting/who your texting before she asks.  Let her in on some of what's going on in your life - give ya'll more to talk about & such.  Then, maybe, she won't feel so left out of the loop or make a habit out of asking you all the time... you know what I mean.

I'm diggin' your sense of humor. Reminds me of my own.

• Two_Hearts
    August 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM

see thats the problem , she has always been the aunt i went to for things..she knows a lot about what has been going on in my life, who i text is the ONE thing i have that is MINE to know ..and she keeps wanting to know that too! lol.

Personally , i shouldn't HAVE to tell her who i am texting ..she is not 'out of the loop' on anything , but who i am talking to is my business..but telling her that, isn't getting through her head..

Quoting MammaPK:

Food for thought:

Sometimes, it might not hurt to mention who is texting/who your texting before she asks.  Let her in on some of what's going on in your life - give ya'll more to talk about & such.  Then, maybe, she won't feel so left out of the loop or make a habit out of asking you all the time... you know what I mean.

• ScrChk23
    August 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

That is hilarious!  Good comeback.  I would try it.

• MammaPK
    by MammaPK
    August 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Gotcha!

Well...it was just suggestion.  Hang in there.

Luck and Luv,

PKshake hand

Quoting Two_Hearts:

see thats the problem , she has always been the aunt i went to for things..she knows a lot about what has been going on in my life, who i text is the ONE thing i have that is MINE to know ..and she keeps wanting to know that too! lol.

Personally , i shouldn't HAVE to tell her who i am texting ..she is not 'out of the loop' on anything , but who i am talking to is my business..but telling her that, isn't getting through her head..

Quoting MammaPK:

Food for thought:

• crwspringer
    August 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    Tell her you are texting your drug dealer
  • Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    August 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I'd say "The Queen of England" with a deadpan stare.

• terpmama
    August 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Obama

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts