The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Two_Hearts
ok ladies ...this is where the 'ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer' term comes into play..i need your help!
August 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM

i love my aunt ...she is 7 yrs older than me (im 33).

However , she has this really rude habit ...if i am texting someone she will ask WHO i am texting, EVERY TIME..my uncle does the same thing , i find it extremely rude and would never think to ask her this question.

But she is one of those aunts that has the mindset of ' i can ask you anything about your life and you need to tell me, and i can tell you what to do with your life..but don't you dare say anything about mine, because you have no right'

i have tried being polite and said ' oh its nothing important' ...or ' its just a friend' , but she INSISTS on knowing exactly WHO i am talking about .

No ladies i do NOT live with her, but i do live in the same town as her and i just moved here..and her and her family are the only family i have.

AND just to make it clear, no i do NOT answer texts during a conversation that i we are having, i ALWAYS wait until the convo is done ..and half the time i am just sitting on her couch watching a movie while she is reading her book.

Here is the thing , i know that if i come back with a stupid and crazy answer for her ..she WILL get the hint on her own and stop asking me...so here is where i need your help lol.

I was thinking of something along the lines of 'oh its just my pimp, he wants to know if i can be on the corner of such and such tonight ..his girl for that corner totally got knocked up and is having a baby' ...

Anyone have any ideas ?

Replies

• kolbiesmommy
    August 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    Idk when my mom asks I say my drug dealer. She says "haha ok smart ass". And leaves it alone but I know she's really dying on the inside to know who it is lol.
  • Pixiemaid
    August 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    Id tell her its none of her bissiness
  • Anoronlight
    August 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    Haha I would tell her it's Santa and he''s needing to know if his suit will be ready in time, since I'm doing a bunch of repair work from last years Christmas trip. Lol
  • MammaPK
    by MammaPK
    August 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Lol!!!  I am thinking what you are thinking! Good times...lol.

Food for thought:

Sometimes, it might not hurt to mention who is texting/who your texting before she asks.  Let her in on some of what's going on in your life - give ya'll more to talk about & such.  Then, maybe, she won't feel so left out of the loop or make a habit out of asking you all the time... you know what I mean.

I'm diggin' your sense of humor. Reminds me of my own.

• Two_Hearts
    August 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM

see thats the problem , she has always been the aunt i went to for things..she knows a lot about what has been going on in my life, who i text is the ONE thing i have that is MINE to know ..and she keeps wanting to know that too! lol.

Personally , i shouldn't HAVE to tell her who i am texting ..she is not 'out of the loop' on anything , but who i am talking to is my business..but telling her that, isn't getting through her head..

Quoting MammaPK:

Food for thought:

Sometimes, it might not hurt to mention who is texting/who your texting before she asks.  Let her in on some of what's going on in your life - give ya'll more to talk about & such.  Then, maybe, she won't feel so left out of the loop or make a habit out of asking you all the time... you know what I mean.

• ScrChk23
    August 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

That is hilarious!  Good comeback.  I would try it.

• MammaPK
    by MammaPK
    August 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Gotcha!

Well...it was just suggestion.  Hang in there.

Luck and Luv,

PKshake hand

Quoting Two_Hearts:

see thats the problem , she has always been the aunt i went to for things..she knows a lot about what has been going on in my life, who i text is the ONE thing i have that is MINE to know ..and she keeps wanting to know that too! lol.

Personally , i shouldn't HAVE to tell her who i am texting ..she is not 'out of the loop' on anything , but who i am talking to is my business..but telling her that, isn't getting through her head..

Quoting MammaPK:

Food for thought:

• crwspringer
    August 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    Tell her you are texting your drug dealer
  • Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    August 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I'd say "The Queen of England" with a deadpan stare.

• terpmama
    August 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Obama

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN