The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
mommyof3-2008
SCHOOL IS STARTING...NEED CROCK POT OR QUICK MEAL IDEAS
August 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM

So DH and I both work full time.  We have a high schooler in swimming, younger daughter in gymnastics, and son in swimming.  Needless to say when school starts we cant find our breaks. I need some quick..but yummy dinner ideas.  I love using my crock pot.  Can you please share your fav crockpot meals or quick but delish meals for the school year? 

Replies

• supercarp
    August 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Throw a pork loin in the crockpot on low with a little water until it's easy to pull apart. Drain (if you have to) and add BBQ sauce and mix well. Serve on buns.

• sunpeaches1
    August 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    Pinterest! Search freezer crockpot meals! This is awesome!
  • RADmomma
    August 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    Check the family meal solutions group here on CM!!! There are tons of ideas.

I make chicken Alfredo, creamy potato soup, chili, Venice de millo soup, sweet & sour chicken, salsa chicken, meatballs, kielbasa, jambalaya

even chicken with pasta sauce in the crock pot.... Let it cook all day on low & then shred & serve over pasta.

I love my crock pot!!!

• Katt709
    by Katt709
    August 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    I made this. http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/75861/amazing-pork-tenderloin-in-the-slow-cooker

The other night.

I served the sayce over buttered egg noodles and a side of mixed veggies.

I loved it. My 4 year old cleaned his plate and my 21 month old ate almost all of his. I didn't give them the say e though. Dh wouldn't have liked it (he was out if town) bc you can really taste the wine. But I really liked it.

There weren't any leftovers, so I'd double at least for your family if you try it.

Eta: you'll need a programmable crockpot or you'll have to go home at lunch to start it. It only takes 4 hours. Could take 3 probably and be just as good.
  • terpmama
    August 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Stew... Soo yummy and reheats even better!!

3 cans beef stock

28ounces tomato sauce

veggies of choice (I usually use potatoes, corn, carrots, onion, mushrooms, broccoli, peas) 

stew meat

2 bay leaves 

5T flour

throw it all in and cook 5 hours on low/med

• mommyof3-2008
    August 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM

KEEP THEM COMING =)

• border7305
    August 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    Home made veggie soup... Kim :)
  • snowmommy0406
    August 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    I line to throw on a beef roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery, with salt, pepper and covert in water and cook all day, it's a family favorite here.
  • MommyTo2Boyz
    August 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

1 big can and one little can of cream of mushroom

1 small can of cream of celery

1 can of beef broth

1/2 pack of onion soup mix

Some stew meat

I cook it on low for 6-8 hours and then add a bag of cooked extra wide egg noodles. My kids love it. I guess it's like a stroganoff type thing.

• MommyTo2Boyz
    August 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Another one I do is put italian sausage in it with a jar of marinara and some chopped up onions and peppers. Then I make a box of mac and cheese on the stove to go with it.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts