The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tinento
Paragard?
by Tinento
July 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Does anyone here use it? I'm seriously considering it, but I'd like to hear some real experiences with it.

Replies

• Tinento
    by Tinento
    July 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Bump :)

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    July 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I used it and loved it.  The strings hurt DH at first, so when I got a new one we had them leave the strings longer so they wouldn't "poke."  They do soften up after a while but at first it can be uncomfortable.

It did increase my pain while cramping.  I was able to mitigate this by taking motrin the very day I felt a cramp starting and keeping it up for 24-48 hours into the period.  The increase in cramps was not enough of a concern to make me dislike the paragard.

• mom4awesomekids
    July 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    I have it...have had it for 5 months
    Lighter shorter periods with no cramps
    its like its not even there! My body can't handle hormonal birth control.
  • Tinento
    by Tinento
    July 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Thank you, I was worried about the strings affecting my SO. Does leaving the strings longer really help?

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I used it and loved it.  The strings hurt DH at first, so when I got a new one we had them leave the strings longer so they wouldn't "poke."  They do soften up after a while but at first it can be uncomfortable.

It did increase my pain while cramping.  I was able to mitigate this by taking motrin the very day I felt a cramp starting and keeping it up for 24-48 hours into the period.  The increase in cramps was not enough of a concern to make me dislike the paragard.

• Tinento
    by Tinento
    July 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Mine can't either. I get severe depression on hormonal birth control. I was going to get my tubes tied, but I decided not to. I'm only 20, I'm sure I'll want more kids one day.

Quoting mom4awesomekids:

I have it...have had it for 5 months
    Lighter shorter periods with no cramps
    its like its not even there! My body can't handle hormonal birth control.

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    July 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM

The first time I got it, they clipped them short and it hurt DH for a month straight.  Then we chose to have another baby.  I got a new one after the 6 weeks and told them the problem, and they said they could leave the strings longer, and they would more or less wrap up around the cervix that way.  Like a little curly thing.  LOL  Anyways, Dh didn't even notice them that time.

Even if your DH does experience discomfort, they DO soften over some time.  It can help to use a condom or vaginal sponge to "cushion" the area until they do.  Or choose positions where he doesn't go as deep.

Quoting Tinento:

Thank you, I was worried about the strings affecting my SO. Does leaving the strings longer really help?

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

• Tinento
    by Tinento
    July 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I think I'll ask about them leaving the strings longer. That just sounds way more convenient Lol. Thank you for the tips :)

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

The first time I got it, they clipped them short and it hurt DH for a month straight.  Then we chose to have another baby.  I got a new one after the 6 weeks and told them the problem, and they said they could leave the strings longer, and they would more or less wrap up around the cervix that way.  Like a little curly thing.  LOL  Anyways, Dh didn't even notice them that time.

Even if your DH does experience discomfort, they DO soften over some time.  It can help to use a condom or vaginal sponge to "cushion" the area until they do.  Or choose positions where he doesn't go as deep.

Quoting Tinento:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    July 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM

No problem, and good luck.  I hope it works out well for you.  I hated hormone BC, and this was the perfect solution for me.  :)

Quoting Tinento:

I think I'll ask about them leaving the strings longer. That just sounds way more convenient Lol. Thank you for the tips :)

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Quoting Tinento:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN