Tinento
Paragard?
by Tinento
July 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Does anyone here use it? I'm seriously considering it, but I'd like to hear some real experiences with it.

Replies

• Tinento
    by Tinento
    July 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Bump :)

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    July 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I used it and loved it.  The strings hurt DH at first, so when I got a new one we had them leave the strings longer so they wouldn't "poke."  They do soften up after a while but at first it can be uncomfortable.

It did increase my pain while cramping.  I was able to mitigate this by taking motrin the very day I felt a cramp starting and keeping it up for 24-48 hours into the period.  The increase in cramps was not enough of a concern to make me dislike the paragard.

• mom4awesomekids
    July 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    I have it...have had it for 5 months
    Lighter shorter periods with no cramps
    its like its not even there! My body can't handle hormonal birth control.
  • Tinento
    by Tinento
    July 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Thank you, I was worried about the strings affecting my SO. Does leaving the strings longer really help?

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I used it and loved it.  The strings hurt DH at first, so when I got a new one we had them leave the strings longer so they wouldn't "poke."  They do soften up after a while but at first it can be uncomfortable.

It did increase my pain while cramping.  I was able to mitigate this by taking motrin the very day I felt a cramp starting and keeping it up for 24-48 hours into the period.  The increase in cramps was not enough of a concern to make me dislike the paragard.

• Tinento
    by Tinento
    July 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Mine can't either. I get severe depression on hormonal birth control. I was going to get my tubes tied, but I decided not to. I'm only 20, I'm sure I'll want more kids one day.

Quoting mom4awesomekids:

I have it...have had it for 5 months
    Lighter shorter periods with no cramps
    its like its not even there! My body can't handle hormonal birth control.

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    July 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM

The first time I got it, they clipped them short and it hurt DH for a month straight.  Then we chose to have another baby.  I got a new one after the 6 weeks and told them the problem, and they said they could leave the strings longer, and they would more or less wrap up around the cervix that way.  Like a little curly thing.  LOL  Anyways, Dh didn't even notice them that time.

Even if your DH does experience discomfort, they DO soften over some time.  It can help to use a condom or vaginal sponge to "cushion" the area until they do.  Or choose positions where he doesn't go as deep.

Quoting Tinento:

Thank you, I was worried about the strings affecting my SO. Does leaving the strings longer really help?

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

• Tinento
    by Tinento
    July 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I think I'll ask about them leaving the strings longer. That just sounds way more convenient Lol. Thank you for the tips :)

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

The first time I got it, they clipped them short and it hurt DH for a month straight.  Then we chose to have another baby.  I got a new one after the 6 weeks and told them the problem, and they said they could leave the strings longer, and they would more or less wrap up around the cervix that way.  Like a little curly thing.  LOL  Anyways, Dh didn't even notice them that time.

Even if your DH does experience discomfort, they DO soften over some time.  It can help to use a condom or vaginal sponge to "cushion" the area until they do.  Or choose positions where he doesn't go as deep.

Quoting Tinento:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    July 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM

No problem, and good luck.  I hope it works out well for you.  I hated hormone BC, and this was the perfect solution for me.  :)

Quoting Tinento:

I think I'll ask about them leaving the strings longer. That just sounds way more convenient Lol. Thank you for the tips :)

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Quoting Tinento:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku: