The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
amylovesnick07
If you have a boy...
July 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I was wondering if I could get some advice on potty training. My son just turned 2 yesterday and I am wanting to start on potty training him. Thank you so much in advance.

Replies

• Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    July 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I potty trained him the same as my girl. We went to the store and had him pick out a potty, then we did naked baby and made up a dance for every time he went in the potty.

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    July 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    You start the same as a girl... Either let him run around at home with no bottoms or you put him in undies ( have at least 20 pairs cause he will make messes... Watch closely there will be signs he needs to go. When see them ... Say "do you need to potty" them run him in there before you know it he will figure it out. The trial with boys is you have to teach them to make sure it's pointed down
  • BraydensMama163
    July 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    Try the three day method. Worked with both my kids.
  • ayacocca
    July 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Also, allow him to pick out his own cool big boy underwear.. he'll never wanna get them dirty so it encourages the potty more
  • coolmommy2x
    July 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    Don't push him into it if he's not ready.
  • toopicky429
    July 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    My son was easy. Two weeks after he turned two he refused a diaper, and has been potty trained ever since. What I did with both my kids was introduce the potty early. When they started walking I would put them on the potty when they woke up in the morning and after naps. I didn't push it or do any reward system other than clapping and telling them good job. My daughter was fully potty trained before she turned 2. I recommend real underwear. Don't bother with pull-ups. Good luck!
  • Hoevegirl1986
    July 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM

my son turned 2 this month and he has been going on the potty for about 1 month now one day he just wanted to go on the potty! now it's been a lil hard but we normaly let him run around naked turning the day and that seems to help he's slowly getting it :)

• happymommy1105
    July 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    Iput my son on the potty backwards so we didn't have to worry about pee going everywhere and goldfish in the bowl for him to aim at.
  • aarensmommy
    July 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM

wait till he shows interest. u can let him pick underwear, we didnt do pull-ups ....i bought them both boys hated them. i let them go naked for the first day or two

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    July 25, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Wait till he shows you he is ready.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts