indianamom1985
Weight loss During Pregnacy
July 22, 2013 at 1:19 AM

So for the last yr and a half I have been trying to lose weight, hoping it would help me get prego and I was 287 around thanksgiving 2 yrs ago... and last time I checked in May I was down to 238!! Super awesome right?? well on June 5th I found out I was prego and on the 15th I had my first Dr appointment after 2 reschedules LOL (long story) and I have dropped down to 229... I have a bit of Morning sickness but mainly late late at night like 2-4 am and by that time its mostly bile(yuck I know) but other than that, Fast food (other than Taco bell occasionally) sounds HORRIBLE! along with Chocolate and most sodas... I told the nurse that I had lost at least 9 lbs since I found out I was expecting... She didn't seemed worried but if I continue to lose should I worry?

Oh and I'm about 12 wks along so... IDK what to think... I actually see my Doctor next month!

Replies

• Monkeychick
    July 22, 2013 at 1:24 AM
    I am going through the same thing ! I am 16. Weeks and since going to the doctors each time I lost 15 lbs each time . I'm makin a appointment to talk to her about it. I hope you're able to get help with figuring it out too!
  • tiniowien
    July 22, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I lost 50lbs from my pregnancy 

• MixedCooke
    July 22, 2013 at 2:17 AM

You can safely lose weight while pregnant--just make healthy food choices and dont overexert yourself.  Plus size Moms already have the fat stores to provide for the babies during pregnancy and to breastfeed following the birth.

• housewifehell
    July 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM

With both of my kids I weighed about 320 at the beginning of pregnancy and at delivery i weighed 280. If you are bigger your body has more fat to use for you to run on and baby is getting from what you eat.  I am pregnant again and this time being 180 when i started i have been struggling with this a lot because i have an issues with food lately where nothing looks like something i want to eat and if i dont eat by about 8 am i begin horrible morning sickness type stuff for hours.  I was in the hospital when i reached 7 weeks because of it but now at 24 weeks its not as bad.  I still have days like yesterday where i cant eat and drink most of the day but its just part of the process for me at this point.  My doc isnt worried that I have only gained 4 lbs so far and baby is measuring about a week small but my other two did that as well at 20 weeks.  As long as you try to eat well and get enough I am sure you and baby will be fine.

• TheMommaJessie
    July 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I lost 20 something pounds in the first 4 months with my son but I had terrible morning sickness and the doctor said it is normal to loose weight during the first trimester and gain it back in the last trimester 

• destiny3513
    July 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    I was 130 when I found out I was....I lost 20lbs in the first trimester....its normal as long as you are eating and taking your prenatal.
  • 3rdonboard
    July 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    I lost about 10lbs during this pregnancy because of severe nausea. But now that I am eating again (less ms). I gained about 5lbs, but i think its mostly the baby, but as long as you're eating right and healthy, you should be fine. I usuallu gain alot during my last trimester.
  • mommy2zbg
    July 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I lost weight when I was pregnant too... I lost around 20 pounds before I finally was able to start gaining weight

• SerenityBerry
    July 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM

With my twins I ended up losing 40 by the time I delivered. I was 287 when I got pregnant and I was 245 after I delivered. Partly food aversion and morning sickness to blame. Keep an eye on it, eat healthy and non greasy, take your vitamins, just make sure you are getting the correct amount of calories (remember you do need to increase them when pregnant). Stay hydrated, keep to a moderate exercise plan. 

It doesn't nessicarily mean anything is wrong, the doc will likely check your blood work and keep a close track of your weight, you may need to have more frequent visits at first while they do that. Don't be too worried yet.  

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    July 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM

weight loss in the first couple of months is not that unsual... if it keeps going they might get concerned.