Maries_Mom23
LICE! How do you treat it?
July 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Oh the thrills of summer!  Don't know where she got them from, but my 6 year old dd has lice.  I really don't want to go the chemical route.  

So, give me suggestions! 

Replies

• nikki666444
    July 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Pick them out and eat them like a monkey

• RADmomma
    July 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    I've heard mayo...
    I just saw some things on Pinterest...

Good luck! Lice stinks!
  • frndlyfn
    July 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM

We have not had to deal with them yet but saw at Great Clips an all natural lice treatment and i cant remember what was the base.

• dubolis
    by dubolis
    July 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Use dawn dish soap.....it makes your hair squeaky clean (the bugs will wash right out!!!).....then the tedious work of going through and getting all of the lice eggs out....section of the head by section. (The baby combs that the hospitals give you when your baby is born works wonders.) Then wash/dry everything thoroughly and keep in white trash for a week.  Make sure you vacuum too. 

• sarebear31976
    July 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM

regardless of what you put in her hair, make sure you treat your house or she could get them again and again.  

• sahmw2010
    July 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    I NEVER buy the lice treatmensr. Saturate hair in baby oil, put shower cap on.. I normally do the "during the night" and wash in the morning. Never had to retreat. All eggs and lice cone out one shot. I then wash all bedding and vaccuum the hell out of the house.
  • Maries_Mom23
    July 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Never heard of using Dawn...makes sense though!  Thanks!  Yeah, I've been washing all afternoon/evening and vacuuming.  Ugh...

Quoting dubolis:

Use dawn dish soap.....it makes your hair squeaky clean (the bugs will wash right out!!!).....then the tedious work of going through and getting all of the lice eggs out....section of the head by section. (The baby combs that the hospitals give you when your baby is born works wonders.) Then wash/dry everything thoroughly and keep in white trash for a week.  Make sure you vacuum too. 

• Maries_Mom23
    July 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Thanks...yeah, I definitely want to avoid the chemical stuff.  

Quoting sahmw2010:

I NEVER buy the lice treatmensr. Saturate hair in baby oil, put shower cap on.. I normally do the "during the night" and wash in the morning. Never had to retreat. All eggs and lice cone out one shot. I then wash all bedding and vaccuum the hell out of the house.

• MIA0223
    by MIA0223
    July 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    Robi comb. Get one!!!
  • Maries_Mom23
    July 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM

LOL...ewwww...

We took them to the zoo in May and the 6 year old watched so hard as a mama done that to her baby.  She asked what they were doing and DH said mama was picking bugs off of her baby.  She looked at us and said "BUT SHE"S EATING THEM!"  She had the most disgusted look on her face! :)

Quoting nikki666444:

Pick them out and eat them like a monkey