The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
cindim1963
Hello from NC
July 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM

My name is Cindi and I'm from Elizabeth City, NC.  I have 2 grown kids, a 3-week-old grandbaby, and 2 grand-tweens that I was gifted with when my son got married.  I hope to make lots of friends in here.

shake hand

Replies

• Katmegali
    July 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Hi. My husband is from Red Springs, NC and just moved from there. We have 5 children (18,16,12,6 and 5(

• cindim1963
    July 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Quoting Katmegali:

Hi. My husband is from Red Springs, NC and just moved from there. We have 5 children (18,16,12,6 and 5(

Hello, Katmegali, and thanks for the welcome. Where exactly is Red Springs? I haven't heard of it - but that doesn't really mean much. You definitely have your hands full with 5 kids, don't you? I don't get to see my older grandkids much, as they live in Iowa. I get to see my grandbaby about once a week for right now, as DD can't drive yet and her SO only has one day a week off to come down here. But in about 3 weeks it will get better.
  • Katmegali
    July 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Red Springs is about 25 mins from Lumberton just north of SC border (Robeson Co.) They are Lumbees if you have any prejudices.. LOL...

My oldest is 18 but can definetly wait on grandkids but oldest two said they dont want kids because they have always helped with the two youngest. We live in Austin now though all his family is still there.

I am from Ms and NY myself

• macawoogo
    July 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM

i am from clayon nc. i have  3 grown children and two grandkids, one lives in texas and one is in heaven(brain tumor)

• cindim1963
    July 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Quoting macawoogo:

i am from clayon nc. i have  3 grown children and two grandkids, one lives in texas and one is in heaven(brain tumor)

Hello, macawoogo.  Interesting name.  I have a nephew who lives in Houston with his family.  His s/o is expecting a little boy sometime the first part of August.  I'm sorry to hear about your angel grandbaby.  At least he is not suffering any more.

• macawoogo
    July 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM

actually we used to call my tuxedo cat a macawoogo. he has been gone 5 yrs now and i have a siamese now

Quoting cindim1963:

Quoting macawoogo:

Hello, macawoogo.  Interesting name.  I have a nephew who lives in Houston with his family.  His s/o is expecting a little boy sometime the first part of August.  I'm sorry to hear about your angel grandbaby.  At least he is not suffering any more.

• Imjustinsmommy
    July 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM

hi welcome!!! congrats on the new grandbaby!!! =)

• Caitlin10081989
    July 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Welcome to the group Cindi. 

• SissyAnn141
    July 27, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Hello, I live in Hendersoville, N.C .

12 miles just before ASHEVILLE.

• alexis_06
    July 27, 2013 at 2:58 AM

hi!!!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups